Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Its...its interesting. Still not into hybrids and its cool it'll offer a 1.2L turbo. I'm a big fan of turbo charged tiny engines that has the potential to push a bit of power with some tuning. The looks look really striking and in my opinion too striking for a lot of people, especially the rear. I'm curious as to how really practical it is with realistic "shove stuff in it" tests.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we'll see. i held off on buying cx-3 b/c the space was just not usable having to haul a kid around. HRV on the other hand was meh. doesn't really make me want to trade in my current car for.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The rear looks like a Civic and the name sounds like it came from Honda. We sure this is a Toyota?!?

It's a little too flamboyant for me by all in all, not bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fact that it'll be on a hybrid platform is also pretty cool. i just hope storage #s comes out decent. as soon as i saw the back of cx3, i knew it wasn't for me. i almost didn't drive it fearing i'd like it too much.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Over the top! Toyota is trying just a little too hard to look cool IMHO.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Seeing that vantage point with the raked hatch, knowing there is a battery for the Hybrid drivetrain, have to wonder if there is any usable storage behind the rear seats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
which is exactly what i'm hoping for.

suit yourself man. roomier or not, there's just too much going on with this car. a mouse-like face; too many chiseled panels; not liking the body color sandwiched by the black plastic panels and roofline; a sporty coupe pretender (with that 'hidden' door handle) that has cvt. and look at those side windows composed of two pieces each. it lacks flow. it's like all the scion designers did this desperately to give a last hurrah. i think it's the successor to that nissan car that sounds like joke and puke. the only thing i can think of worth commending is the brand's reputation for durability. of course the fuel economy is great but i can't really imagine myself now driving a car that will be closely associated to the prius. i'd rather see the nissan gripz in production than this. or take the subaru crosstrek and call it a day. i wish you the best in your car shopping.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Way too many unnecessary lines and edges and other crap, hybrid no thanks, and why no interior photos? And it looks weird from the side, the CX-3 looks gorgeous from the side thanks to the elongated hood.. Toyota is trying to do too much with the design, doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
...the name sounds like it came from Honda.
My thought exactly, DJ9999! Overall, it's a nicely proportioned mini-ute that's overdone with pointless details. I'm not surprised as Toyota tends to mistake "youthful" for "schizophrenic" in it's designs. I can see it doing well mostly because it's a Toyota (I bet the Aztec would have been a hit if it had the Toyota logo on the nose) but it wouldn't have swayed me from my decision to go with the CX-3.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts