Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the user manual, it is mentioned that the CX-3 is not designed for towing and to never tow with it. I've seen some other people mention that it can tow a small haul perfectly fine. I am planning on towing a small utility trailer and a fishing kayak, all together weighing in at around 500lbs or so. Do you guys think that this is safe? I will be driving through some mountainous places, nothing super steep, but long uphill and long downhill runs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the user manual, it is mentioned that the CX-3 is not designed for towing and to never tow with it. I've seen some other people mention that it can tow a small haul perfectly fine. I am planning on towing a small utility trailer and a fishing kayak, all together weighing in at around 500lbs or so. Do you guys think that this is safe? I will be driving through some mountainous places, nothing super steep, but long uphill and long downhill runs.
You should be totally fine towing only about 500 pounds. if you were like above 700 then I would advise againsty that but 500 you should be fine

·
Registered
1 Posts
NO WORRIES, JUST TAKE IT EASY. MAKE SURE YOUR BRAKES AR IN GOOD SHAPE AND MOTOR OIL FRESH AS WELL AS YOUR TRANS FLUID. I HAVE TOWED MY MOTORCYCLE ON A 1900 MILLE TRIP ON HIGHWAYS AND MOUNTAIN ROADS. EVEN ON STEEP GRAVEL ROADS THE AWD WORKED GREAT! TRAILER AND BIKE COMBO WEIGHT ABOUT 800 POUNDS.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts