Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi As we are getting our CX3 tomorrow :) We will be getting A towbar fitted.

Is there anyone who has one? And if there is could they post some pictures and what they think of it.

Thanks.kamperman

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not sure if it is recommended to tow with a CX-3. I haven't checked the spec to be honest because it was not something that I was interested.
And since it has a small engine, I guess it will drink a lot more gas than it should do normally.

Post a pic when you will get it, it gives other people an idea of what it will looks like.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not sure if it is recommended to tow with a CX-3. I haven't checked the spec to be honest because it was not something that I was interested.
And since it has a small engine, I guess it will drink a lot more gas than it should do normally.

Post a pic when you will get it, it gives other people an idea of what it will looks like.
Tow bar is for being towed, not towing. Goes on the front

As for towing the CX-3 is definitely capable. Australian CX-3 with this power train is rated up 2640lbs if braked.
It will probably not be rated in the US for reasons that have nothing to do with real limitations. I have a CX-5. If I did not, and I bought one of these, it would
eventually wind up with a hitch and be expected to pull up to 1/2 ton on very rare occasions.

Heck, I had a hitch on a 66hp 1979 Fiesta. Next to it, this thing is a locomotive.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Tow bar is for being towed, not towing. Goes on the front

As for towing the CX-3 is definitely capable. Australian CX-3 with this power train is rated up 2640lbs if braked.
It will probably not be rated in the US for reasons that have nothing to do with real limitations. I have a CX-5. If I did not, and I bought one of these, it would
eventually wind up with a hitch and be expected to pull up to 1/2 ton on very rare occasions.

Heck, I had a hitch on a 66hp 1979 Fiesta. Next to it, this thing is a locomotive.
Lol i'd like to see that happen, probably would see the threads for where the tow bar went into get ripped right out. My best guess is those tow bars and the entire assembly is only good for force within the hundreds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts