Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there is no tow hook in the trunk where the spare tire and Jack tools are. I called the dealer as I thought it was missed during production only to learn it's an option and Mazda have stopped putting them in their cars a few months back. I have to order one... so if I am in the ditch and a tow truck comes I have to call the dealer to order me the hook and wait...
This is rediculos and will be emailing mazda to complain for sure. Anyone else notice this??
BTW I am planning to stay out of the ditch ! Lol

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've never needed a tow (thank goodness) but read elsewhere that most tow trucks have universal hooks to use whenever needed.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Strange, there’s two in mine. They use them to secure to the ship. As I’ve only got room for one in the kit in the boot, the other is lay on the bench.

Reactions: modaddie

·
Registered
277 Posts
Strange, there’s two in mine. They use them to secure to the ship. As I’ve only got room for one in the kit in the boot, the other is lay on the bench.
Secure to the ship is right. It could be different for the CX-3, but in my CX-5 manual it says those big threaded I-bolts that screw in behind the plastic bumper are never to be used for pulling the vehicle. The dealer should have known that.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Oh blimey, my manual says that only the steel eyes should be used to BE towed and the little steel eye at the back of the chassis should never be used.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh blimey, my manual says that only the steel eyes should be used to BE towed and the little steel eye at the back of the chassis should never be used.
I agree. My book (Australian version) says the same thing. Also the steel eye is included in the foam panel that fits into the spare tyre.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I noticed that there is no tow hook in the trunk where the spare tire and Jack tools are. I called the dealer as I thought it was missed during production only to learn it's an option and Mazda have stopped putting them in their cars a few months back. I have to order one... so if I am in the ditch and a tow truck comes I have to call the dealer to order me the hook and wait...
This is rediculos and will be emailing mazda to complain for sure. Anyone else notice this??
BTW I am planning to stay out of the ditch ! Lol
I bet some roadside assistance companies have hooks on hand that work, but of course its not worth waiting for that moment to find out.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I will be visiting Florida next June. If any of you would like the spare one I will post it when I am over. I presume I can send it from a Post Office?

If there are several takers I will draw from a hat. It's quite a nicely engineered implement. It is about eight inches long and two or three pounds!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
What's it for
Being towed. You flip the little round plug out of the front fender and it screws into the end of the chassis. Otherwise, if you need recovering, some half wit could tear the fender off trying to get it on the back of a truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, does anyone know about a tow hook license plate frame that would fit a CX-3 GT? If you have any links, please post, thanks. I was wondering if the 2014-Up Mazda 6 tow hook frame license plate frame would be compatible with the CX-3?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.