Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering what the mid-level Touring interior will look like. I hope its not the usual Mazda Blackout. I saw on the Australian Mazda site it is listed as black and gray. No pictures. That will be fine if its a light gray applied to the seats and door panels.

I was very taken with the sand/black interior of the Mazda 3 I test drove the other day. Now checking the 2 closest dealer's inventory I was dismayed that among 25 or 30 hatchback Touring models they have on their lots, I drove the only one without an all black interior in the Oklahoma city area, and it had a sunroof, a non-starter for me. May not be able to get what I want.

If someone has seen a picture of the CX-3 Touring's cloth interior please post.
Or take one themselves. That would be cool too.
If one of our Australian friends will share a postal code, that might allow me to extract more info from the Mazda AU site.

I grow weary of Mazda's bait and switch, producing all ads with bright trim in the cabins only to be confronted with BLack, Black, and more black at the dealerships. They must know folks like the brighter interiors or why put them in the ads?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I was able to see an interior shot of the Maxx.

As I feared, Mazda calls it gray/black, actually appears black/slightly less black.

Course it could be different here, but I doubt it. .:crying: Maybe there will be another choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
GX (base model) Canada cloth seats

Does anyone know whether the GX cloth seats in Canada will be the same as the black/grey ones shown on one of the midrange ones (I think the Touring) in Australia? I can't find photos or info about the cloth seats in Canada, I just know that they're cloth because the dealer told me so yesterday (but I didn't have much time to talk to him and he didn't have all the details memorized).
Another question on Canada - are the leatherette seats and sunroof on the GS (mid range model) standard, or are they an add-on? I thought the dealer said they were standard - thought he actually said there weren't add-ons on any of the trims, just the standard things in each trim - but the autos.ca review said they're an add-on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Canada

So the leatherette and moonroof are on the standard GS (mid trim) in Canada - they're part of the "luxury package", but the GS isn't available without the luxury package, so they're effectively standard. The only trim in Canada that you can get an add-on is the GT, for which you can get the tech package (a bunch of fancy safety stuff and sirius).
As for the cloth seats, the "specs" document that dealers have (which I saw) shows that the standard cloth on the Gx (base trim) in Canada is black around the edges and dark grey in the middle. The colours are very similar to the GS' leatherette seats, but don't have the red line in the middle of the seat (nor does it have that same red detail around the dash).

I'm debating what to do - starting to think the GX is the way to go. It's just so much cheaper than a GS ($3500 less), and I don't care for a moonroof so that's a lot of money to pay for leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, red lining and fake leather seats..I would really like the Bose audio available on the top-trim GT, but that's yet another $2800 more than the GS..

·
Registered
275 Posts
GX is definitely the way to go.
I also wouldn't pay $3500 to get those extras which to me don't matter at all, it wouldn't make me like the CX-3 any more, what will make me like it more is saving that $3500 and allocating it to my monthly payments :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the leatherette and moonroof are on the standard GS (mid trim) in Canada - they're part of the "luxury package", but the GS isn't available without the luxury package, so they're effectively standard. The only trim in Canada that you can get an add-on is the GT, for which you can get the tech package (a bunch of fancy safety stuff and sirius).
As for the cloth seats, the "specs" document that dealers have (which I saw) shows that the standard cloth on the Gx (base trim) in Canada is black around the edges and dark grey in the middle. The colours are very similar to the GS' leatherette seats, but don't have the red line in the middle of the seat (nor does it have that same red detail around the dash).
I was at the dealership closest to me today (Waterloo, ON) and they had three GT models with white interiors. Perhaps there is a white option for the GS as well with the leathette interior

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not sure if the naming strucutre is any differnet in canada but as for what's included in each package it should be just about the same.
Just had to put that out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts