Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They seem to enjoy it, the commenteriat seem equally enthused..

Looking smart is half the battle won for a titchy crossover, but the CX-3 holds cabin space, well-judged equipment and good handling to help strengthen its case, despite the price: the cheapest CX-3 comes loaded with toys like touchscreen-nav, cruise control, heated electric mirrors and 16-inch alloys, but costs from £17,595. Bold move. A fully-loaded automatic diesel CX-3 sporting all-wheel drive, LED lights and intelligent wipers knocks on the door of £25k.

It's a crowded class, this jacked-up supermini game, but even with that price tag and those noisy engines, Mazda has stormed into the mix with a proper contender.
First drive: Mazda CX-3 - BBC Top Gear

·
Registered
31 Posts
they make a good point about styling:
There will always be a balance that needs to be found between styling & practicality.

I don't think it's a deal killer for many: looks wins most of the time over logistics. & the safety sensors & cams this thing has is more than enough for the average driver to eliminate those blind spots.

·
Registered
272 Posts
pretty bang on review, esp regarding the back-portion "bounce" going over bumps (sometimes feeling even springy)

as a very critical consumer, I find it very hard to fault the CX-3. from the dozen or so cars I've owned in the past, this is probably the only car that I've felt was the best purchase yet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There will always be a balance that needs to be found between styling & practicality.

I don't think it's a deal killer for many: looks wins most of the time over logistics. & the safety sensors & cams this thing has is more than enough for the average driver to eliminate those blind spots.
Have to agree. However, as the CX-3 is the first car I've had with a rear camera, after 3 weeks I've still not got the hang of using it when reversing and keep relying on the parking sensors and looking over my shoulder. I guess eventually it'll click :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Top Gear New Car Guide 2016 gives it an overall verdict score of 8/10 which is rarely achieved unless it's a supercar or Porsche being reviewed. I think it also gets Editor's Choice in the class. It summarises the verdict saying :-

For: Great-looking mini crossover that's not just a pretty face: it's got real substance
Against: Pity the interior quality lacks substance

Interior finish apart, the CX-3 is a winner. Straight to the top of the class.

That'll do me :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
They had me up to the point where they laud the fact that the seats can go really low. Me? I love the bar stool perch feeling of being in a high and commanding position behind the wheel, not hunched down peering over the steering wheel!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.