Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got it home and added the pedal kit.

Had some minor scuffs in paint on front corner of hood so buffed them out then decided to give it a go over with Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by Extra Gloss Protection sealer.

Hood has sealer on in photo above.

Very happy with the result

Spent a lot of the afternoon doing that so have not driven it that much but what I have was all good, nice comfortable ride.

Very happy so far.

Waiting for a 64G memory stick to try the audio playback and i will probably order the paddle shift kit from Japan (not an option in Australia)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice to see someone able to get their hands on one of the top of the range models with all that lane departure warning, radar cruise control and a swag of other safety tech.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice to see someone able to get their hands on one of the top of the range models with all that lane departure warning, radar cruise control and a swag of other safety tech.
Thanks,

Don't think it has Radar Cruise, but yes has a lot of nice features.

Went with Akari so i could get the sunroof and real leather, the rest was just a bonus.

Just took it for a drive at night and i like the dash illumination, very subtle. Our last Mazda 6 was all orange !!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks,

Don't think it has Radar Cruise, but yes has a lot of nice features.

Went with Akari so i could get the sunroof and real leather, the rest was just a bonus.

Just took it for a drive at night and i like the dash illumination, very subtle. Our last Mazda 6 was all orange !!!!
Yes I think I confused radar cruise with the U.S models or the CX5 that usually get more stuff in Northern America markets My old Mazda 2 had orange lighting too which was a bit much so the more user friendly lighting is much nicer.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Looking great and I'm not at all jealous of your garage :( lol

I have the pedal set sitting on a shelf, going to install it tomorrow. Nice to see the finished product.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on the CX-3. Where did you buy the pedal set? Are they original mazda parts?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
A really nice raft of photo’s too Craigh.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the CX-3. Where did you buy the pedal set? Are they original mazda parts?
Got them on eBay from an Australian seller "SouthCoastOnlineParts" for $A197.00.

Original Mazda kit with instructions in multiple languages etc.

Took about 20 minutes to fit it, drill a couple of holes in gas pedal for well nuts, and poke through carpet and fit backing late for the foot rest, brake one just slides over pedal when rubber one is removed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking great and I'm not at all jealous of your garage :( lol

I have the pedal set sitting on a shelf, going to install it tomorrow. Nice to see the finished product.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Unfortunately CX3 won't be in tha garage too much as our other cars take up all the space.

May have to sell one to make room. :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the pedal kit and that garage!

Is that a Holden Monaro (America's rebranded Pontiac GTO) that I see in the garage?
Thanks, Yes it is a Holden Monaro CV8-Z, last run before they stopped making the coupe.

On a right hand drive fitting the pedal kit is very easy and fairly quick.

Makes a big difference in looks in my opinion.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
That's an excellent tutorial. We'll pin a link to that when we get organised.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Question: The pedal kit looks great. What is missing is some kind of durable surface for the left foot (either metal or hard, nonslip plastic). Resting one's foot firmly on the spot designated by Mazda for an idle left foot is rather hilarious to say the least.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts