Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

To Wrap Or Not To Wrap, That Is The Question

43K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Dale 
#1 ·

Check out this fully wrapped Mazda CX-3 posted on Instagram by vip_brickell_autozone! The design seems to be Asian inspired with what looks like dragon scales extending from the windshield onto the roof. Paint splatters throughout the body is also well done and extremely detailed down to the various shades of each splatter.

Here’s a closer look at the CX-3’s bumper and hood wrap:

While wrapping your CX-3 is a great personalization option the extra layer also doubles as paint protection during its lifespan. If someone or something scratches your car the affected panel can easily be re-wrapped (or leave it as is) to match the rest of the body while the paintwork underneath remains showroom fresh. At a glance you wouldn’t even know a car was wrapped if done well.

On the downside, a full wrap will be expensive but still cheaper than a new coat of paint, however the finished product’s quality is dependent on the installer.

With the use of computer programs the customization options are endless! Would you consider wrapping the CX-3? If so, what design and color would you choose?

See less See more
#7 ·
I'd like to wrap it same colour, in white, but in a carbon fibre texture, I think that would look nice. Not readily noticeable unless you get up close to it. That, or wrap the roof in matte black, minus spoiler, and wing mirrors, to make it match the rest of the plastic trim and rims (I may photoshop this idea to see what it would look like xD). But wrapping full body anything other than white I wouldnt do, I like the colour.

#23 ·
It just needs that little bit at the bottom of the A pillar continuing from the bottom of the side window and round to the windscreen.

It still looks amazing though.

#26 ·
Is there any reason not to wrap? Does it eventually peel off like a cellphone screen cover or something? I can't see an obvious downside, but would love to know if there is one.

#27 ·
If you have your car wrapped, how do you clean it / wax it?
I am totally new to this concept, but I definitely want to wrap my car when I get it because PHILADELPHIA. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.