Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are certain cars that look cheesy with tinted windows(especially those with a classic looking front grill)and other cars that look really good tinted. Is there anyone here that has tinted the windows in their cx3 and regretted it? Any pictures if your tint job you can show me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the CX3 looks fantastic tinted. Coupled with the dark pillars it creates a floating roof effect. I ordered mine from Mazda with the darkest tint available. 1 more week!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had the same thoughts but in the end love my tint.

40% ASWF Excel IRP which is a ceramic tint and if i believe all the testing and has extremely good heat rejection.

Its 40% as the base factory Mazda tint is now higher than in previous models.

Hot but cloudy day so may look a bit darker than it would on a sunny day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think the CX3 looks fantastic with tint. Here is mine with 35% front and 22% other windows.

:eek:
Dammit.... Now I have to spend more money. Thanks.
:laugh:

I won't be able to go as dark here in Wisconsin, though. I think limits here are 50% front sides and 35% for rear and rear sides.

Reactions: RadoMark408

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've had the windows tinted on each of the 19 cars I've owned. I had the CX3 tinted 12 hours after purchase. So I say, yes, tint :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Side windows are illegal for me. Unfortunately. jetydosa, that looks fantastic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wanted to get the hatch window tinted so that people couldn't see what I was hauling. I live in Chicago and people don't hesitate to break into cars. And unfortunately Chicago has some very strict laws on window tinting. I wanted to get 35% tint on all windows. To me a universal tint all around makes the car look more balanced plus too much tint detracts from the car's appearance, in my opinion. But the dealer recommended 20% on the rear passenger and back window and 50% on the fronts so that they match all the other SUVs on the road. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but I didn't want to risk a $250 ticket for illegal tinting.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Tint that sucker. I went with 50% front and 35% rear as that is the legal limit. I wish I would've gone darker for the front though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ours is tinted to AZ state standards (as dark as they will allow). Looks awesome, especially with the dark color our car is! One word of advice. Make sure if you live in a hot climate (lots of sun), make sure to have a windshield strip put on. Install strip to bottom of dark patch on windshield (9 inches). Looks great but most important it really helps visibility driving into the sun! Ours did not come with that and I noticed the problem very quickly and added it. Big help!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I need to do that, mine didn't have that strip either and it can be a big problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I need to do that, mine didn't have that strip either and it can be a big problem.
I think it only cost me 30 bucks to have it added. Worth every penny :laugh:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Does the strip interfere with the Autolights or Autowipers or the Cell Phone Starter? Maybe it's a stupid question.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does the strip interfere with the Autolights or Autowipers or the Cell Phone Starter? Maybe it's a stupid question.
To be honest, I do not know. Doubt if it effects lights or wipers and I do not know what the Cell Phone Starter is so I must not have it :crying:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks @ghmpm I will have to have a look into doing this, I am a ginger and I the darker I can make my car the happier my skin is haha. I got the dealership to throw in the Mazda Mobile Start system, it is basically a remote starter that works from my cell phone. I park a good distance away from my Condo so I went down that road instead of the Key fob starter, Where I live the Winters can be brutal so it was a very good convenience for me.

Reactions: Dean

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks @ghmpm I will have to have a look into doing this, I am a ginger and I the darker I can make my car the happier my skin is haha. I got the dealership to throw in the Mazda Mobile Start system, it is basically a remote starter that works from my cell phone. I park a good distance away from my Condo so I went down that road instead of the Key fob starter, Where I live the Winters can be brutal so it was a very good convenience for me.
Ah OK now I get it, it was an available option but for me living in Arizona plus not having a smart phone... Did not deem it necessary!!! >:) And no I do not think a tint strip would interfere in any way!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Awesome! I am definitely going to look into it. I wish I didn't have a smart phone, Life would be better without having one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got lucky as the dealer had the Windows tinted while the car was on the lot.It is a legal tint for the state of Mo though but the good thing is I was not charged for the tint.
I guess they missed the extra add ons when they sold me the cx3.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts