Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warning light came on and it started beeping.
I checked my pressure with 3 gauges and they all said all 4 tires were at 40psi.

The manual does not say it can come on for too high a pressure. I suppose it could have been set wrong in the first place.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
90 Posts
40 is definitely not too high (despite what dealers will tell you).

I would just reset it when cold. Make sure to press and hold the TPMS button for several seconds until you see the dashboard TPMS light blink.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay, I will try resetting it and see what happens.

Interesting that you don't think 40psi is too high; thing on door says 36/33. What do you recommend, and why?

-----
I reset the TPMS and it seems fine for 20 miles anyhow. I am tempted to deflate a tire and see if it trips properly.

·
Registered
893 Posts
36/33 is for cold weather which is what I set mine to in the winter. The other day I checked the pressure when the temperature was about 90 and they were at around 40/37.

·
Registered
229 Posts
According to the European Owners Manual, there is quite a difference in the recommended tyre pressures on both petrol and diesel models between upto 3 persons and a full load - especially for the rear tyres. Also rear pressures should be set 0.2 bar, 3psi, higher for AWD as opposed to FWD cars on standard tyres. Winter tyres have a slightly higher difference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Interesting that you don't think 40psi is too high; thing on door says 36/33. What do you recommend, and why?
I run 36/33 in the summer and 40/37 in the winter. At 36psi cold, running pressure will likely reach 40-42psi.

36/33 cold in summer gives a nice ride... 40psi cold is a bit harsh for my preference.

40/36 in winter because of the following:

* I want increased hydroplanning resistance (particularly on Seattle's wet, rutted freeways)
* Hot operating pressures won't rise quite as much (~2psi).

Owner's manual actually recommends that you add ~5psi if you use winter tires.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just to chime in there is currently a bulletin out for CX3 tpms lights coming on w/o reason. Its a programming issue that I am told there is suppose to be an update coming soon. My CX3 already experienced this issue and all I did was perform the re calibration method at my dealership using our scan tool. I will keep an update on this as I am told this may affect almost all CX3s and will just require a software update.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have had it happen twice.
The first time I think the condition of the pavement on the road was a contributing factor.
The second time - no apparent reason.
Both times a reset resolved it.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You should live on a warm wet island where the temperature remains fairly constant all year round. That's why I spend June in Florida!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts