Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
I have a feeling it's because the model is so new. The general arc I've seen in several vehicle-specific forums is that when the model is new, the body of knowledge is tiny and everybody is discovering it.

However, as the model ages, more knowledge is gained AND the cars get cheaper on the used market. As that happens, more people come and ask the same questions over and over and over again. Eventually, the core group of people get tired of repeatedly answering the same questions in new threads. A FAQ will be created and mostly ignored. New members will just want to be spoon-fed knowledge rather than learning how to obtain the answers to their questions on their own.

There are variations between boards in how grouchy the core group get but it always follows the same general arc.

These first few are the golden years when everything is new and exciting and nobody is jaded or burned out. Enjoy them.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I’m only grumpy because I’m old......

.....a bit like this fella;

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I have a feeling it's because the model is so new. The general arc I've seen in several vehicle-specific forums is that when the model is new, the body of knowledge is tiny and everybody is discovering it.

However, as the model ages, more knowledge is gained AND the cars get cheaper on the used market. As that happens, more people come and ask the same questions over and over and over again. Eventually, the core group of people get tired of repeatedly answering the same questions in new threads. A FAQ will be created and mostly ignored. New members will just want to be spoon-fed knowledge rather than learning how to obtain the answers to their questions on their own.

There are variations between boards in how grouchy the core group get but it always follows the same general arc.

These first few are the golden years when everything is new and exciting and nobody is jaded or burned out. Enjoy them.
We know more on this forum about Cx-3s than Mazda does.

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
We know more on this forum about Cx-3s than Mazda does.
I think it would be safer to say that we, as a group, know more than any given individual at Mazda does.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have a feeling it's because the model is so new.
IMO, not just because the model is new. That's part of it but the model itself contributes to a level of maturity. Unlike the GTI forum I moderated, we won't have heated debates on upgrading turbos and childish competitive rants. Thankfully!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts