Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say that the build on the CX-3 is very impressive (at least on mine it is) the build and fit of the components are top notch and I cannot fine anything that is misaligned or out of place.
There may be some minor gripes on storage and some other minor gripes but the quality of the build is outstanding and better than any other new car I have owned.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I agree, the quality and build are indeed top notch - excellent fit and finish.

I had a drivers door speaker vibrate off and on for a bit but its went away. Its an impressive car, no doubt.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The only iffy thing on mine is the glovebox which was a bit loose before it got "modified". I've also got a bit of a rattle on the passenger side pending investigation.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had a tiny squeek from the narrow band of fake leather running across in front of the passenger.
The dealer fixed without any problems, they just took my word for it, as it usually is present in cold weather before the cabin gets warmed up and the car was warmed up when I dropped it of.
I think they fitted some foam of some sort behind it, it now feels more solid (before I got press in slightly, now it's just fixed as it should be).
They adjusted my rearbrakes at the same time.
Took about an hour, waited in the sales department and got a good talk with the salesman who sold me the car.
That's about it, everything else is spot on :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I had a tiny squeek from the narrow band of fake leather running across in front of the passenger.
The dealer fixed without any problems, they just took my word for it, as it usually is present in cold weather before the cabin gets warmed up and the car was warmed up when I dropped it of.
I think they fitted some foam of some sort behind it, it now feels more solid (before I got press in slightly, now it's just fixed as it should be).
They adjusted my rearbrakes at the same time.
Took about an hour, waited in the sales department and got a good talk with the salesman who sold me the car.
That's about it, everything else is spot on :)
You mean the handbrake cable? The rear brakes are auto adjusting.

·
Registered
272 Posts
much agreed. the interior completely sold me on the car. before buying, I was dead set ona 2016 Sub WRX. I was appalled at how "economic" the interior was in the WRX, yes it's a performance sedan but they really made no effort in at least making it somewhat nice.

The CX-3 GT, being the same price as the WRX is infinitely more superior.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yep despite the shortcomings, the interior looks and feels really premium. You look at other cars and their interiors are bland, generic, and uninspiring. I was sold on the CX-3 after one look. I don't regret purchasing it at all.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Agree with most of the comments. The fit and finish are superb! For a little "economy" car the interior is first-rate. Well designed and all looks and works as it should. This car should give Honda and Toyota a run for their money, we shall see!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone keeps calling the car small but IMO it is bigger and holds more than any other car that I have had for the last twenty years.
During that time I have had two saturns a Pontiac Vibe and a Jeep Wrangler in no particular order.
I guess it is what your are comparing it too but in my case it is bigger than what I have been used to driving.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Everyone keeps calling the car small but IMO it is bigger and holds more than any other car that I have had for the last twenty years.
During that time I have had two saturns a Pontiac Vibe and a Jeep Wrangler in no particular order.
I guess it is what your are comparing it too but in my case it is bigger than what I have been used to driving.
The CX3 is actually smaller than the Vibe. The Vibe is taller, longer and has more cargo space.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same for me! I came from Kia Rio hatchback and this is a little roomier and overall nicer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The CX3 is actually smaller than the Vibe. The Vibe is taller, longer and has more cargo space.
I guess your right but it does not feel like it because in the vibe just felt smaller on the inside.
The CX-3 does have more power than the vibe......But I could be wrong on that too.:D:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts