Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent decided the trim yet. I will probably go for the black - leather option. White will probably need more cleaning.

Althoug i would prefer textile its not possible in the most expensive model. So guess its black leather then...

Anyone have an opinion? Hot, cold, annoying or good? Anything too look out for?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I love the parchment as its very attractive and adds an upscale appearance but it does require more care to keep clean.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
If they did the white leather/black suede option in the CX-5 I would have had it in a heartbeat. I loved it in the CX-3. They do require a bit of extra care but they never got blue off my (cheap) jeans and if they get a bit of a mark you can get it off straight away.

Reactions: greaseman85

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just did a thorough cleaning of the black suede and perforated white leather seats. Not a task that I look forward to on a regular basis, but this time I was forced to because my pooch decided to dump the contents of his breakfast squarely on the black suede patch in the back seat during a ride in the country.

Does anyone have a method that they use to clean up a mess like this? I just used an Oxy type cleaner and scrubbed like mad. Then I spayed "Auto Freebreeze" everywhere. It seems to have cleaned things nicely, but if my car sits baking in the sun for long I can just imagine what it could smell like tomorrow... :eek:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really like the parchment leather and was a bit concerned (having two young ones in the back seat). But, unlike my wife in her car, I do not allow snacks and Kool Aid and such during the short drives from school and daycare ("Crust of bread, glass of water - that's all you get!"). My only panic moment was when my elder daughter climbed across her younger sister's seat to get into her booster and left a perfect, dusty footprint in between the seats (it came off easily, thankfully). Usually, it is me wiping off the footprints off the black leather (leatherette?) from the back of the front seats. Why do children insist on kicking their daddy in the back? Anyway, it wipes clean very easily and I only have to vacuum out a crumb or two (they are experts at contraband). All in all, I would prefer leather to cloth (I have already used Shout and a toothbrush to get food stains from my wife's Fit seats...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts