No 2 and the first No 3 are the same!I purchased my CX-3 at the beginning of January. Currently about 10,000 miles. So far it has been pretty reliable, but a few issues have come up.
1. The padded elbow rest on the drivers side no longer has any padding. The leather is completely fine and not worn, but the padding on the inside is just flat. I will wait a bit to see if the come up with an updated version before I take it in for warranty repair. Has this happened to anybody else?
2. The glass on this car is really really really weak. I have a 1989 Jeep Comanche with 160k miles on it and an original windshield. I have more rock chips on the CX-3 than the Jeep. My speed6 and speed miata, which are much lower and more susceptible to rock chips, also do not chip like the CX-3. Honestly, at this point hitting a bug might even result in a nick on the CX-3 windshield. I have seen lots of complaints on here and miata.net (for the ND), so I think this is a problem with new mazdas in general.
3. The center arm rest. What a terrible design. And mine squeaks and rattles like no tomorrow. This will have to be a warranty repair in the near future.
4. Not the car's fault... but where is my Android Auto/Apple Carplay. CMON MAZDA!
5. The AC is subpar. On a hot day (30 degree celcius +), it really has a hard time keeping up. The air is just never "cold." My miata, known for weak AC, feels cooler than this. I will mention this to the tech along with the other issues. I am fully expecting them to turn the car on, turn the AC on, and then say "yup, that works just fine." Which brings me to point 6.
6. I am not sure if this is Mazda specific, but the techs/dealers have really been incompetent. Based on previous experiences with my other mazdas, I am reluctant to let the dealer work on my car.
Aside from these issues, I have been enjoying driving (and looking!) at this car on a daily basis