Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

KIA is pushing to double sales, regional arms are on record that they want a rival to the CX3 and the HR-V.

The only KIA SUV of suitable size is the China only KX3. However, Hyundai is currently working on two diminutive SUV's, one for emerging markets dubbed Creta and another ostensibly for Europe and North America believed to be named Niro. KIA would subsequently have access to the new vehicle for their own uses.

"If you haven't got a mini/small SUV in play around that CX-3 mark [it is hard to compete with the big players]... I'd love one of those," admitted Damien Meredith, KIA Australia's chief operating officer.

Hyundai-KIA have made massive strides over the last 5 years, no longer a brand that sells on price point alone, but one respected for its quality as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's not that I have an unfavorable opinion of Kia or Hyundai, I just quite prefer the CX3 and Mazda. Its a hugely competitive segment. I am curious how a vehicle from these brands will do given the competition.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's not that I have an unfavorable opinion of Kia or Hyundai, I just quite prefer the CX3 and Mazda. Its a hugely competitive segment. I am curious how a vehicle from these brands will do given the competition.
I'll have to agree, as far as reliability, quality and value, they are great but right now Mazda is killing it, best to take advantage of this opportunity.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I still own the original Miata, and its a tank. I drove it in winter as well. But I also own a new Kia, and its quality is great. Kia has been honouring warranty issues I've had so far so its hard to complain. We forget Mazda is a relatively a small auto company, 15th largest in the world. Lets hope rust issues wont arise. The plastic body moulding around the wheel arches worry me for trapping crap.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I still own the original Miata, and its a tank. I drove it in winter as well. But I also own a new Kia, and its quality is great. Kia has been honouring warranty issues I've had so far so its hard to complain. We forget Mazda is a relatively a small auto company, 15th largest in the world. Lets hope rust issues wont arise. The plastic body moulding around the wheel arches worry me for trapping crap.
Maybe we'll see about removing them to apply some wax behind. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Its a possibility on a brand new vehicle. We will have to see what happens, especially in the winter with snow. I'm sure Mazda has done winter testing though.

Kia makes great cars right now, but they haven't quite found that special something that makes their cars have a magnetism like Mazda has.

I have always wanted Kia to follow through with the Stinger concept though. That concept does have the special something.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yea that concept is really cool, but I think there is only a limited market for it. They would rather put time and money into vehicles that have the potential to sell in higher volume.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Its a possibility on a brand new vehicle. We will have to see what happens, especially in the winter with snow. I'm sure Mazda has done winter testing though.

Kia makes great cars right now, but they haven't quite found that special something that makes their cars have a magnetism like Mazda has.

I have always wanted Kia to follow through with the Stinger concept though. That concept does have the special something.

That's what I know they need, identity, some way to identify and brand themselves in a way that will pull people in which would make something like that coupe slot in WELL. But timing is another thing.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The air vents on wither side looks a bit odd. Or maybe it's because the picture is a bit blurry. Those 4 silver squares on either side looks off somehow, like it doesn't belong.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The air vents on wither side looks a bit odd. Or maybe it's because the picture is a bit blurry. Those 4 silver squares on either side looks off somehow, like it doesn't belong.
The 4 squares on each side will serve as LED DRL's.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Sportage was spotted with no camo on. Here is the picture. I think it looks quite nice. Shape-wise it reminds me of the Chevy Trax or Equinox (depending on the size.)

·
Registered
101 Posts
That Stinger looks like the newest Saab. I am a former Saab enthusiast but, the newer ones aren't Saab anymore.

That new Sportage looks nice. I have bias against Korean cars, and i have no idea why. I'm rather loyal to Samsung products so its not an anti-Korean thing.

KIA needs to redo its brand image. There is something so cheezy about that KIA inside a maroon oval logo. Maybe it is because it hasn't changed from its original logo that was on their awful older and cheaply made cars.

·
Registered
277 Posts

Did not realize George Barris was still active.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts