Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend the misses and I decided to go to McDonald's for a quick bite. We sat down near a large window in full view of my Titanium Flash CX3 which was parked on the far edge of the lot. As I ate my Big Mac, a car drove past mine, stopped for a second, reversed, and parked next to it.

Then this guy eating an apple got out and started walking around my car multiple times. At first I was a little concerned but I could tell he was just into the car, especially the wheels (the stock wheels and the Titanium Flash really do go well together).

Eventually a woman left the restaurant and greeted him. I thought they would just leave but no. He had to show her my car first!

We got a pretty good chuckle out of watching that unfold so I thought I would share with you all. :laugh:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had somebody do a double take a few days ago while they were walking across a pedestrian crossing .... they stopped half way across, it was funny but I really needed them to keep on walking!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have several times received nice comments about my Mazda's while refueling at the gas stations. It has happened both when I had a Soul Red Mazda 6 Estate and also with the Cx-3 I have now.

It is mostly comments like, "That is a really nice color" or " What a beautiful car"

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yes, I get more comments about the colour than I do about the car but your photo demonstrates that perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Last weekend the misses and I decided to go to McDonald's for a quick bite. We sat down near a large window in full view of my Titanium Flash CX3 which was parked on the far edge of the lot. As I ate my Big Mac, a car drove past mine, stopped for a second, reversed, and parked next to it.

Then this guy eating an apple got out and started walking around my car multiple times. At first I was a little concerned but I could tell he was just into the car, especially the wheels (the stock wheels and the Titanium Flash really do go well together).

Eventually a woman left the restaurant and greeted him. I thought they would just leave but no. He had to show her my car first!

We got a pretty good chuckle out of watching that unfold so I thought I would share with you all. :laugh:
Excellent! I wonder if he’s out there somewhere signing his life away!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I get quite a few looks too but I think its more of the "what the hell kinda car IS that" sort of a look...since I've blacked out the M in the front and debadged most of the rear....the most people can figure out so far is that its a Mazda. LOL

·
Registered
246 Posts
At home depot we parked next to a 2015 Mazda 3 in soul red on the way out we met him who told us he liked our red cx3 and wished he had waited,,,,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes the soul red gets a lot of attention. I drove one when I was test driving the CX3 and people were staring at it and while I wanted one i opted for the Deep Crystal Blue as I was worried about someone getting jealous and scratching my car or staring it too much and crashing into it. However I think any CX3 still turns heads but not as much as the soul red especially in the premium models with 18 inch alloy wheels. No wonder Mazda is charging buyers extra for this color.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2nd day I got my Titanium GT, I had a guy with in a honda with loud mufflers trying to line up and race me.. I laughed at him and shook my head...
lol, I have had the same experience with large trucks not sure what to do with the CX3. I am sure some think it is a Mazda 2 and attempt to overtake and give up after realizing this car has one powerful engine.

Also I sometimes get other CX3 drivers race/overtake me to test out their own CX3 against mine. They must be using sport mode as we both have the same engines lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ive noticed this as well, always getting people taking double looks at it, or staring up and down it. I think its down to the new and rare nature of the vehicle, something that hasnt been seen before. I remember one of my first days with my CX3, I had done similar to the opening post, parking in front of dairy queen, and had someone snap photos and all.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Same here, mine was outside a Boston Pizza. Definitely an eye catcher.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts