Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I tried out that place that paints calipers and I used my SX4 as the guinea pig to see how the job was done.

I was happy with how they did the job on my car so I made the appointment with them to get the CX-3 there in 2 weeks time to get the calipers done also. The colour on the CX-3 calipers will be Burnt Copper and will go well with the Ceramic Metallic colour of the car.

Here's pics of the SX4 job, I'll post up the CX-3 job after it's done.

Tony

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Mazda got done today, looks good and GF is happy very nice contrast to the ceramic colour of the car.

That's it for this car AFA mods for now. A lowering might happen but that'll be a while away no plans currently for that.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I’m a bit old fashioned. I prefer silver - same as they were then new;

Reactions: rudolf-99

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that looks good too and was one of my choices for the car but since the wheels are kinda silver and the rotor is sorta silver also it would blend in too much. With a dark wheel or dark colour car silver would work (the shop paints it in an aluminum colour).

I wanted a different colour in there for a contrast effect so the GF and I settled on the burnt copper, it goes almost with the same theme as my Shelby when I had my calipers powdercoated a copper colour so they're like bra das from another ma da. LOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What kind of shop was this, and what did it cost? I was thinking about painting my calipers myself, but if it's not that expensive i would prefer it be done professionally.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a shop called Spence Tire in Toronto. Do a google search the shop has a decent website to choose colour and amount of work u want done on the calipers.

I just did the basic thing cost 80 bucks CAN.

R u local? If you're not but planning a visit here u could get it done by them I'm sure. Shop has lots of satisfied customers I'm a recent one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is good advice. Hopefully i can find something around that price point.

Toronto you say? I live in D.C. Sorry for taking your boys out of the playoffs. Better luck next year.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries, the Leafs played good for what they are. Lots of people including myself expected them to get run over by OV and the Caps but that didn't happen it was a good series.

However, I did not like the fact that to try to get past the 2nd round they have to take out Sid the Kid and the guy probably might not play again ever.................not cool.

If you can't beat them properly......................cross check their best player and we might have a shot at the cup final.

I'm rooting for the Pens to send your Caps packing like the 2 previous times..............with or without Crosby. >:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Toronto did play quite well. With as young as the team is they'll continue to be a force in the league.

On the subject of the hit on Crosby, it wasn't malicious and there was no "plot to kill sid" as the Shitsburgh natives seem to believe. They're playing hockey, and hits happen. However, the embellishment by Bonino last night resembled Soccer more than it did Hockey.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not really that much different than what Oshie did earlier in the game to draw a Pittsburgh penalty...................let's just say they are all good at theatrics out there and makes for good entertainment especially if the refs don't catch them faking it giving their team a powerplay.

Game 5 tonight....................LET'S CLOSE THIS UP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Calipers getting painted red today. Will post picture this weekend.

Reactions: mainemanx
1 - 11 of 11 Posts