Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was trying to set up this feature on my car, however the menu for text messages and notifications is grayed out? Within the settings menu, the option for text notifications is checked.

Phone is iphone 6s, on IOS 9.3, otherwise is functioning with the car flawlessly.

Edit - I did not have "notifications" turned on in the phones Bluetooth/Mazda settings, mystery solved!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the catch is with iphones it isn't actually reading the text message (that's why it doesn't clear the notification on the phone and you can't text from the MZD connect system).

I ditched iphones a while ago, so I forgot the name of the menu, but I remember you need to make sure messages are showing on your iphones notification panel (whatever the drop down panel is that shows all your days events, recent emails, messages ect is called). That should be the work around.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Under Settings menu, go into the Bluetooth options. Find Mazda in the list of connected devices and click the button to display the connection options. You have to enable Messages there in order for the phone to send the texts to the Mazda infotainment system. After enabling it on the phone, the option in the car's settings should no longer be greyed out.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Under Settings menu, go into the Bluetooth options. Find Mazda in the list of connected devices and click the button to display the connection options. You have to enable Messages there in order for the phone to send the texts to the Mazda infotainment system. After enabling it on the phone, the option in the car's settings should no longer be greyed out.
I've just checked my phone and although enabled, it is still greyed out on the CX-5. It DID work on the CX-3 so I know it's capable. It didn't work at all when I got my car but somebody told me to unpair the phone from the car then re-pair them and that worked as far as getting messages goes but it still doesn't notify me when not in the phone app. You never know what apple are up to with these updates. I can have something working perfectly then all of a sudden I'm back to square one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Mazda CX-5 2016 model and my text messages USED to work.
I have a iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.3 and text messages have not worked in the vehicle for sometime now.

I have 'Forgot Device' for the Mazda on my phone, removed it from the vehicle, restored factory communication settings, and restarted the phone and vehicle, gone through the reconnection process, ensured that Show Notifications is enabled on the iPhone when connected via Bluetooth and STILL the Text Message option is grayed out on Mazda even though I have the display text message box checked on the Infotainment screen.

Any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts