Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering how good the I-active brake really works or if it does at all. I supposed we would have to test it. Any ideas? And no, don't have someone stand in front. Perhaps use cardboard boxes or something a little softer to test with other than a wall.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My local Mazda dealer got one of the techies to hold a broom handle with a hi-viz vest hung on it through the arm holes in front of the car and the other techie drove at it, when they proved it worked the master tech stood in front of it to test it and yes it stopped in both instances....,. that way no cardboard boxes get hurt in the test..... :) at no point in the proceedings did a sales guy come out of their glass box (showroom).

·
Registered
872 Posts
I can confirm that it does indeed work. I recently posted in another thread that I was cut off and the vehicle didn't realize that traffic was stopping quickly. Before I could apply the brakes, the car applied them for me. To the point where ABS kicked in and everything flung forward. There were a series of beeps, lights and flashes on the HUD. I never touched the brakes and ended at a complete stop.

I guess you can take some boxes and test for yourself if curious.

·
Registered
90 Posts
"Trust me it works. Saved me from 3 accidents so far.." Do You have a drivers licens?? ... ;-)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wondered about that also. In 45 years I haven't hit anything; how could it save him 3 times in less than a year?!
I haven't seen a reply from Uncle Sam to follow up his message, but if I read it correctly, he doesn't say he was involved in 3 accidents, but he IS saying that the safety features prevented him from having an accident on three different occasions. Totally different things and it sounds like a vote in favour of the Mazda safety features.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Trust me it works. Saved me from 3 accidents so far.." Do You have a drivers licens?? ... ;-)
I wondered about that also. In 45 years I haven't hit anything; how could it save him 3 times in less than a year?!
obviously none of you drive in Los Angles and would never understand what its like to do 75 mph and take a turn on the freeway and the only thing you see is brake lights and people doing 0 mph, and have people just cut you off when there s less room then the space available. plus the fact that turn signals are useless here.

but the car reacted .5 to 1 second quicker then me and that can be and has been the difference

don't judge when you haven't traveled the roads i do on a daily bases

I haven't seen a reply from Uncle Sam to follow up his message, but if I read it correctly, he doesn't say he was involved in 3 accidents, but he IS saying that the safety features prevented him from having an accident on three different occasions. Totally different things and it sounds like a vote in favour of the Mazda safety features.
thank you sir. that's exactly what i was referring too

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have driven I-5 in San Diego. Smart Brake Support is a great thing to have.

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
I had mine activate for no apparent reason.
You can hear the beeps in the video

Smart City Brake Support activates

Anybody know why ?

It could be due to the ramp you were on with low ceilings and it detected a beam that it thought was an obstruction as your bopped up and down over the ramp. That would be my guess.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It could be due to the ramp you were on with low ceilings and it detected a beam that it thought was an obstruction as your bopped up and down over the ramp. That would be my guess.

it's the staff parking lot at work.
11 months now making this same turn and only this one time has the SCBS activated.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Mazda have issued this TSB stating where SCBS might operate unintentionally.........

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mazda have issued this TSB stating where SCBS might operate unintentionally.........
What a surprise anchorman has a possible answer !! ...LOL

Could be due to fogging - it was a cold night.

Thank you anchorman, as usual, an answer using documentation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I unintentionally activated my SBS the other day. I was daydreaming and the car in front of me had stopped because construction vehicles (about 10 cars up) were turning off the road. It was one of those situations where you don't expect someone to just stop. I was looking off to the side when the car started beeping (screaming) at me and the brakes were activated to the point where it stopped. It was a 55 mph road and traffic had slowed to about 30 mph before the idiot in front of me came to a complete stop. I typically keep the distance between myself and the car in front of me about the entire distance on the Active Driving Display. I think that keeping that distance allowed the car to stop in time. Not the "test" I wanted, but I would have to say the system works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts