Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm all over the map on the trim levels. AWD or FWD, loaded or base, big or small $, I'm open to anything. So I have to drive them all back to back to find my sweet spot. So the question is do I start at GT and go "backward" or start at Sport and go "forward"?
Once i pick the trim, I'll drive a FWD, if it behaves when i hammer it from a stop through a left hand turn, I'll get it.

Thanks, next post will ask what color :)

Rick

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think that I'd start at the top and work down.

Maybe try keeping a short list of notes after each drive. It may help you decide more objectively.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may get hung up on heated seats and have to stop at touring.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes we want heated seats too so at least touring in soul red with sunroof.....if we go to gt we will see.in usa its taking forever....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wouldn't mind moving up to the GT trim but I keep reading about a rougher ride with larger tires.
It all comes down to the test drive.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Always start with the highest trim and work down to see if you miss the features, or not. Or let your budget decide. The expected spread between trims is significant.

On your next planned thread "what color". You should buy a vehicle that has a color you like, not the internet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don’t think it matters what order you test drive each of the trim levels. I think there’s going to be three trim levels with two drive train (FWD/AWD) options per trim level. That’s a total of 6 combinations plus there may be factory options available that are exclusive to certain trim levels.

If so, you may have to make return visits to a dealership to test drive all possible combinations. The dealership may not have all of them on the lot at the same time. Take notes on each test drive. Note carefully what differs among the trim levels. Get the glossy sales brochure when it comes out. Watch Mazda’s web site for a CX-3 “Build and Price” page. It’s not out there yet.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Always start with the highest trim and work down to see if you miss the features, or not. Or let your budget decide. The expected spread between trims is significant.

On your next planned thread "what color". You should buy a vehicle that has a color you like, not the internet.
That is a good way to do it and one i've always believed, going the other way around leaves me way too curious as to what more is their.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll try a base model and a loaded one the same day. See what features are desirable enough to pay for and act accordingly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.