1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Not a legal option in the UK.

·
Registered
272 Posts
not bad, does it make your reverse lights significantly redder?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks good, especially with the darker paint colour.

Novice question, are they CX-3 specific kits or do you just buy the tint and cut it to size?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not bad, does it make your reverse lights significantly redder?
Yeah it did and I still was able to see the rear as I go in reverse as the light goes through the tint showing red color onto the other car and or wall instead of normal bright white.

I am thinking about making a small horizontal hole to let the white light shine out when reversing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, especially with the darker paint colour.

Novice question, are they CX-3 specific kits or do you just buy the tint and cut it to size?
I used VHT Night Shade red tint spray made specifically for the tinting of tailights. I used blue tape to mask the stock red on the tailights and just spray on the little squares where orange turn signal lights are and the reverse lights are. And peel the tapes off. That was it.

http://www.vhtpaint.com/specialty/vht-nite-shades-red

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a legal option in the UK.
At least the UK does not have a say in the customization of cars other than the tailights or headlights. I saw a lot of nice modded European cars. Mostly VWs and Audis, some BMWs. Well since I'm from Texas, I don't know what else the UK says isn't legal.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
At least the UK does not have a say in the customization of cars other than the tailights or headlights. I saw a lot of nice modded European cars. Mostly VWs and Audis, some BMWs. Well since I'm from Texas, I don't know what else the UK says isn't legal.
Tinted driver and passenger Windows for one thing and being old and grumpy, big bore exhausts but you see plenty of them around. The red tail lights are not strictly legal either. These things sometimes bite them in the backside if they get involved in a tangle and the insurance gets involved as they will find an excuse not to pay!

·
Registered
237 Posts
When I look at this mod, I think of older american style indicators, where they flash red, similar to our Australian amber lights.

I think this looks ok during the daylight, but at night when the brake lights are on, I don't think it would look as good. Can you post pics of this at night with the parking lights on, and then with the brake lights pressed?

Daytime this mod would look great on a black CX3 too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts