Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I currently own a VW GTI and the CX-3 has caught my eye to replace it with. I was looking at the Grand Touring model and just couldn't get pass the red door armrests and center console pieces. I noticed the Sport has black armrest and center console pieces. Do any of you know if the armrest come off without removing the whole door card? What about the two center console pieces?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
The two on the console are dead easy to get off so find my post on running a wire for the phone but not sure about the door inserts. I'm away from home at the moment but will look on my workshop manual pdf's to see what stripping the door down reveals. That should be another 12 hours. I would guess that if they come off, they just pull off but I will try to check if there are hidden screws. The red cars also have black bezels on the air vents where all the others have red. What colour do you have?

My big problem at the moment is the forum upload limit is too small and getting somebody to type in a new limit is like trying to push fog uphill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have not bought one yet seeing the red interior parts are one thing I don't like about the CX-3.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I tend to take the interior in isolation. I must say though that Mazda do deserve a pat on the back for adding a splash of colour to the interior. I’m sick of plain old black!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I tend to take the interior in isolation. I must say though that Mazda do deserve a pat on the back for adding a splash of colour to the interior. I’m sick of plain old black!
And they've done it without what seems any crazy added cost to them, simple but effective. I bet it's something that other brands might try to model after.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree with you both @anchorman and @CXIII. I have the Dynamic Blue and I really don't mind the red inside at all. Breaks up the usual Dark interior and adds some flavor. However it would be cool if they made other colors and option or make them modular to change easily with the owners mood or personality.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I passed on a CX-3 GT because it had that white three toned interior. I can handle the red bits but would prefer them black to match.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Maybe it's not red enough! As I said earlier, those knee panels are easy to get off but without taking a door panel off I'm not sure if the arm rests are separate. However, changing those maroon parts would be a walk in the park for a decent interior trimmer. That dash trim also comes off easy. Perhaps a nice storm grey leather would look nice running around those panels and would break up the black and less disjointed than maroon and cream?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I still think the red is classy love it,I wish the bezels were red like in touring,,, but Love it.... Perhaps if the middle of the seats were red .that might work too.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Those red bezels should be changeable. It might need the facia out. I'll have a look when I get chance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Before we purchased our CX-3 GT (White exterior w/Parchment interior), I really didn't care for the red accent pieces in the interior. But, after living with the car 2 weeks now, I don't mind it at all. In fact, I think it gives the interior a little more dimension.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I also have the parchment interior and I think the red looks a little out of place there, but it looks gorgeous with the all-black interior.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Yeah, I like it too. Makes a change from the usual black.

Reactions: Cyclone1410

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'd rather the red bits be black or parchment on parchment interiors. And that the black suede door inserts were parchment too. But at least they did the parchment band on the dash. I guess you can't have it all lol. But they red does look sharp on black interiors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our red gt looks awesome in parchment, love the red acents
I have the same...a red GT with the Parchment interior. Absolutely love the color scheme. It was one of the things that swung me towards the Mazda over a couple others I was looking at. (In case my husband reads this, it was not the only thing. I did not just buy the Mazda because of the color. :p LOL)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts