Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum after purchasing a cx3 diesel sport nav. after driving a few days i have noticed a strange noise coming from the engine. it sounds like a belt slipping but it occurs on a regular basis every 20 - 30 seconds for 3-4 secs. It doesn't tie in with engine revs and has got me puzzled. any ideas anyone?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hello new to the forum after purchasing a cx3 diesel sport nav. after driving a few days i have noticed a strange noise coming from the engine. it sounds like a belt slipping but it occurs on a regular basis every 20 - 30 seconds for 3-4 secs. It doesn't tie in with engine revs and has got me puzzled. any ideas anyone?
Welcome to the forum Basher.

I know the sound you mean, it's like a droning sound that cycles or pulses on occasions. Mine used to do it a lot at first but I haven't heard it for a while. It's actually excess fuel returning through the fuel filter head to the tank. Diesels deliver way more fuel to the engine than they actually use and after a while it becomes quite hot. It's normal and the noise is nothing to worry about.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update on this noise. Like you said it has all but disappeared now. I think you were spot on with the diagnosis. Whenever i filled up the tank the noise came then slowly went as the tank went down. Now its gone so thanks for the reassurance.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Beware supermarket diesel whic is full of foam and devoid of detergent additives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts