Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked by a friend a question that I am not able to answer about the CX3.

On the bottom edge of the hatch door, there is a black rectangular button that looks like it should close the door automatically if I press it. However all it does is make a series of beep and does nothing. Does anyone have a clue as to what it is?

It would be nice if it did work as a hatch closer.

·
Registered
872 Posts
It should function as an unlock/release button. Much the same way the button on the door handles unlocks the door.

Try pressing it when the hatch and passenger doors are closed. You'll see how it functions.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It's a nice security feature. If you are unloading items at the back door, there would normally be nothing to stop a dirtbag from opening a side door and helping theirself to your stuff. You can lock all the remaining doors with that button.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's a nice security feature. If you are unloading items at the back door, there would normally be nothing to stop a dirtbag from opening a side door and helping theirself to your stuff. You can lock all the remaining doors with that button.
I can see how this would be helpful. But most situations you can walk up to the hatch and with the proximity key just open the back door without unlocking the other 4. I wish it could also unlock the doors if I needed to let someone in.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Unless you have set walk away locking, you can use the button to lock the doors. You would otherwise have to walk to a front door to lock the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I love it too but I can’t bring myself to not watch the indicators confirm it!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Now if you had auto folding mirrors you could hear them close rather than look at the indicators, plus you can see them from a distance:nerd:
Yes but owju know its not a set of mirrors on another car and it neither locked or folded. Then you get just out of range of the key fob and look back to see a dirtbag ransacking your audio system?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes but owju know its not a set of mirrors on another car and it neither locked or folded. Then you get just out of range of the key fob and look back to see a dirtbag ransacking your audio system?
That's simple, I don't park within 200 yards of another car :D anyone who goes within 100 yards gets tasered first, by the CX-3 inbuilt protection system then gets asked questions.... If only that was allowed :rolleyes:
Welcome to my own little world :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have a problem!

I have toyed with this buttons since I first discovered it on my car it does nothing but produce about 15 quick beeps when pressed. I tried it with all doors unlocked, all doors locked, doors open, doors closed and nothing happens when I press the button in question. It does not unlock any doors or lock them it just beeps 15 times. So I have to conclude that whatever use it is supposed to have, it has been disabled in Canadian CX3s.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It beeps if the door is open but it will work if you shut them all including the back door.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We have a problem!

I have toyed with this buttons since I first discovered it on my car it does nothing but produce about 15 quick beeps when pressed. I tried it with all doors unlocked, all doors locked, doors open, doors closed and nothing happens when I press the button in question. It does not unlock any doors or lock them it just beeps 15 times. So I have to conclude that whatever use it is supposed to have, it has been disabled in Canadian CX3s.
Mine does the same (Aussie spec) however following the suggestion by Anchorman above, it does lock the car if all doors are closed. Be nice if it unlocked all doors (could be handy if family members are waiting while I load stuff in the back) as well but I guess there is probably a reason it doesn't.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think I have this feature on my CX3 but if someone posts a photo of it I'll look again. The feature in question may relate to higher end CX3 models with proximity keys for open/lock. The ones where you keep the key fob in your pocket and never press anything on it and instead push the button on the tail gate or car door to open or lock. I wish I had the extra money to buy one of the higher end CX3 models with that flexibility; great when your hands are full and you need to put things in the trunk. Now what would be even better is if the CX3 had a power lift gate... maybe the 2017 model will have one!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine does the same (Aussie spec) however following the suggestion by Anchorman above, it does lock the car if all doors are closed. Be nice if it unlocked all doors (could be handy if family members are waiting while I load stuff in the back) as well but I guess there is probably a reason it doesn't.
Are you happen to be driving an sTouring or Akari CX3 model in Aussie spec?

·
Registered
136 Posts
My S-touring has the button (drivers side, bottom corner) Just thought it was a trim or guard to begin with. Agreed would be nice if it unlocked the car too .... would help stop all the "just press the button on the door" conversations and complete looks of confusion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts