Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved the passenger side front seat back as far as it will go (no, the right side - this is Canada), and I noticed a fairly large black painted metal box with vent slits on the top and I am wondering what it could be. Has anyone got a clue? The manual does not seem offer any information on it. :confused:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks for the info. Now a question:

Why would they put a vulnerable electronic piece of equipment where moisture and dirt is likely to get in (especially with the vent slits facing upwards ready to catch whatever is coming)? Just askin'...

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK, thanks for the info. Now a question:

Why would they put a vulnerable electronic piece of equipment where moisture and dirt is likely to get in (especially with the vent slits facing upwards ready to catch whatever is coming)? Just askin'...
I have no idea....

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Nowhere else.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've had it there on my last 3 cars including VW and BMW. Seems to be an industry standard?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had it there on my last 3 cars including VW and BMW. Seems to be an industry standard?
All 3 of my previous Mazdas with Bose ('04, '05, and '07 models) all had the amps in the same place. It's too large to fit anywhere else except the spare tire well, but that's where they typically put their subwoofers. I've never heard of any Mazda 6 or Mazda 3 owners having trouble with it being damaged or shorting out or anything like that. I wouldn't worry about it unless you plan to put in some aftermarket seats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts