Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all - I think I love my new CX3 Touring, but I'm disappointed that there's really no storage in the front except for the cup holders: I guess I'm used to having a couple of places for sunglasses, extra keys, etc. Other than the glove compartment, has anyone found a good storage alternative, or are you pretty much just using the side door area? Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am glad there are no cup holders in the CX3. To me, drinking coffee (or whatever) while behind the wheel is asking for trouble! So I make sure I finish my coffee before I climb in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am glad there are no cup holders in the CX3. To me, drinking coffee (or whatever) while behind the wheel is asking for trouble! So I make sure I finish my coffee before I climb in.
Huh? There are cup holders - at least in the Touring - right under the armrest. I would just like to have some center storage, as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Take a look in here for the European center console. It appears to have the storage you might want. I wouldn't mind an under the seat storage box either.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I bring a traveler of coffee made at home to enjoy once at work. The cup holder is handy for that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Take a look in here for the European center console. It appears to have the storage you might want. I wouldn't mind an under the seat storage box either.
There is a fair amount of under seat space so thats an interesting option to look into

·
Registered
24 Posts
What other stuff are you planning to stow? I do keep a small bag for coins and other stuff infront. I place it inside the door bottle holder. Check it, it's pretty deep. And besides, not having too much space will keep your car looking clean. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
The lack of a cubby hole or small storage area in the dash is my biggest complaint with this car. I used a small bag with a draw string to store change and put it down the side of the door next to the bottle holder.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks like that is the place to store stuff! I also have a small canvas bag to store coins, pens, charging cables, flashlight etc that I put in the door compartment near the bottle holder. It works enough for me to not need a center console compartment.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Agree, the doors hold a bit but I would like a bit more storage in the console in front of shifter and possibly an under seat tray/drawer.

Certainly not a big issue but you always want that.....Bit more :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Oh how I'd love a CD removal kit with storage bin insert. i haven't used a CD since 2007.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Oh how I'd love a CD removal kit with storage bin insert. i haven't used a CD since 2007.
If you pull those red padded cheeks from the front of the console (follow my instructions for fitting the Brodie phone holder) you can see the clips that hold the CD player in.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wish they would bring back the cassette player. I never did change over to CDs and I have a huge pile of Cassettes from the 60s and 70s. From what I understand Cassettes are actually on the way back together with vinyl records (of which I also have a huge pile).

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I can remember buying a Radiomobile 8 track purely because it had 4 coloured lights. I couldn't afford any tapes but managed to buy one Johnny Mathis tape from a shop clearout. It went round and round and round. I only had an old Mini so no room for more tapes anyway. Not even keen on Johnny Mathis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the only thing I could come up with. Got the storage pouch at Target (red stitching is a perfect match) and used some double sided gorilla tape to install it. Comes in handy for things like change and receipts and what not. Not ideal but definitely a help!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually use a purple Crown Royal sack. The drawstring hooks around the shift and drops down the side, out of sight. Easy to get at if I need change. Sometimes you have to MacGyver it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts