Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Haha yes many tears and hours and days wasted I finally have a perfectly working car!!
Although I feel like a recall should happen now.. too many cases.
Hi Shelby, it seems that our steering issue is resolved for now. I had the same steering column assembly plus bolts replaced. May i know if it is the same part they replaced for your CX3?

·
Registered
Mazda CX3 sTouring 2020 automatic
3 Posts
Hi Shelby, it seems that our steering issue is resolved for now. I had the same steering column assembly plus bolts replaced. May i know if it is the same part they replaced for your CX3?
After speaking with NRMA for advice, I phoned the Service Manager of my dealer and asked for an update to their earlier inspections re CX-3 2020 Steering and their communications with Mazda Australia (I hadn't heard back). I was told Mazda had confirmed with the dealership that they should replace electric steering motor and part of the steering shaft assembly that comes with the motor package. They are waiting on the parts and will contact me hopefully by month end or into August to come back for a replacement, under warranty. They will make another car available to me in the meantime (steering is a safety issue) if I want one.

So I'm reasonably happy on seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, but have the feeling I would've got nowhere without following this forum and seeing the growing awareness of the problem and growing acceptance of a solution from Mazda. The forum has been vital. Thanks folks.

As to fixing the problem, we'll wait and see. The documentation on what is done in the replacement process and the 12 months drivability of the vehicle, post replacement, will be important closure steps.

I did send a message to Mazda Australia and hope this may have had some impact but I've received no response directly. I'm told from several sources that Mazda has a good reputation in Australia handling these problems but I've personally found the effort to have my issue accepted by them, and their communications, a tad disappointing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi guys! Unfortunately after having steering shafts replaced twice another issue related to steering! There is a ticking/clicking sound coming from the airbag cover while turning the steering and noticable while driving and at idle. Too bad there is no option to upload the video here.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts