Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi guys! Unfortunately after having steering shafts replaced twice another issue related to steering! There is a ticking/clicking sound coming from the airbag cover while turning the steering and noticable while driving and at idle. Too bad there is no option to upload the video here.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda cx-3
1 Posts
I took my 2020 CX3 in to Mazda service today for this exact same issue and the service Foreman knew exactly what it was as soon as I had described the issue. Came out to the car and confirmed it by feel, then took it in to the workshop and confirmed it was the steering assist motor. Apparently, Mazda now have a technical bulletin issued for this. The car was still safe to drive, but they have ordered the part and it will be repaired under warranty.
Do you know what the number for the bulletin is? My dealer says he sees nothing for Canads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you know what the number for the bulletin is? My dealer says he sees nothing for Canads.
STEERING.
Not sure, if this matters and this may sound simple, but I always keep both hands on the steering wheel at 3 and 9 as I control positive and negative rotation of the steering wheel. In the good old days we would let the steering wheel rotate back to zero just for the fun of it.
Not so, with our CX 3 as , I always keep firm control of the return of the steering to zero, sort of , I control the car not the car controls me .
CX 3 Bermuda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the work done last week to correct this issue. The parts took nearly two months to come from Japan and then we scheduled the work to coincide with a regular service. They replaced the electric power steering motor and the associated steering shaft components. They didn't tell me at the time, but it turned out that the work was so extensive they needed the car overnight, and then they broke a component associated with the drivers air bag reinstalling everything and had to wait for part come in, so we were without the car for over four days. Having said all that, the issue is no longer apparent and I'm hoping that it won't reoccur

21 - 27 of 27 Posts