Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i didn't think this deserved its own post because it doesn't really bother me and i was going to take it to the dealership to have it looked at. well yesterday the dealership told me this was normal. ill drive my car to work and everytime i shut the car off and right as i press the button there is a squeak coming from the passenger side dash. anyone else's do this?

and idk why its squeek and not squeak in the title lol

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Once you add the title you are stuck with it!

They are working constantly on squeaks and rattles and I have included the only TSB that might cause a squeak on the inside although to describes it as a chatter (rattle). There are a couple of things you can try, some owners had some success with packing foam into the gap down the side of the dash where it meets the foam and in your case, I would open the hood and get somebody to switch it off while you listen in the engine bay in case it is being transmitted from under there as the revs die off.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks Snoogie.

So you have to brake the grille bezel because it's "welded" to the ventilator grille housing.
Stupid design.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Stops them rattling ;-)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine sometimes makes that squeak noise when I turn it off. It also sometimes makes a groan sound a second or two after starting. No idea what either sound is, but they're fairly intermittent. I've also noticed that some power-offs cause a shudder, while others are completely smooth. Who knows?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts