Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just installed my corksport springs about a week ago. First impression is great stance and similar to factory feel, so overall I am satisfied.
The only complaint is having to modify existing bump stops, would be nice to just have replacement parts for this, however not a huge issue...
I have been thinking about the corksport springs, what did you have to do to the bump stops?

How long did the install take?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been thinking about the corksport springs, what did you have to do to the bump stops?

How long did the install take?
Also, look at the H&R springs. They don't lower the car as much as the Corksports, and there are no modifications to the bump stops. The ride is a little stiffer, but not bad at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bump stops did have to be cut, now I will say that the corksprt kit came with some great install instructions, so it spells out how to accomplish the install, to include snipping th bump stops.
Personally, I would have paid $5-$10 for new, replacement or pre-cut bump stops, but just me.

As far as the install, it really depends on what tools you have available and resources, so with a lift, air tools and spring compressor, took me 2 hours from pulling in to driving off... super simple, but I’ve done the install before and having the proper equipment available, makes a ton of difference. With that being said, I couldn’t speak for someone trying to swing it in their garage with hand tools.
May or may not help, but! I hope it does, let me know if you have any more questions!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And to add, heard great reviews about H&R, in fact that was my 1st choice because I will eventually make my way back to Europe and they are picky about anything aftermarket... however the ONLY reason I passed was because the CS drop was/is the lowest, and a bit cheaper., since springs are only temporary, coilovers being the long term choice, the CS springs fit my bill and after around 7-8k miles, have settled nice and ride is really close to stock feel IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts