Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mazda really doesn't have enough sales volume to create such a niche vehicle, but this render of a CX-3 MPS is sure to appeal to many Mazda fans.

The render see the original CX-3 getting larger brakes, 18-inch wheels, a lowered ride height and some other minor cosmetic changes to the body.

Another problem with this happening would be the fact that Mazda doesn't really have a big engine to do any kind of 'hot' car.

Still, down the road a few years perhaps the success of the CX-3 and some new Mazda engines will make a CX-3 MPS a reality.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not seeing that much real difference between this render and the production version except for the brakes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also notice the lowered ride height, but I don't see what body changes there are. Can anyone spot them?

·
Registered
83 Posts
That looks amazing, what would be even more amazing is if they came out with a Mazdaspeed version, imagine that :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
A Mazdaspeed would be really cool. What kind of engine do you think it would use if they made a Mazdaspeed version?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Unfortunately Mazda doesn't really have an appropriate engine for a CX-3 MPS right now. The 2.3-liter in the last MPS version of the 3 isn't really fuel efficient enough. The company would need to make some type of 2-liter turbo. Until that happens, I don't think we are getting a Mazda CX-3 MPS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I cant see much of a difference either, slightly lower ride height and different wheels.Not much of a difference but afterall it is a RENDER.

I'd like to see a mazdaspeed CX-3 but which engine would they slap in there? Take from the mazdaspeed 3 or...?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless Mazda comes out with a brand new engine I think they would have to borrow from another company. Do they currently have any agreements with companies that have options?

Perhaps Toyota?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Unless Mazda comes out with a brand new engine I think they would have to borrow from another company. Do they currently have any agreements with companies that have options?

Perhaps Toyota?
They have a production agreement with Toyota yes. I wonder if they can get that new 2.0T off them ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Too bad Toyota wasn't able to get the 2.0T that Subaru has which is the same engine in it's FR-S, just all naturally aspirated in the FR-S.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think they are going to keep the CX-3 relatively tame, at least for now. It's too bad since there is definitely demand for something with a bit more juice. Mazda must know this. If they aren't looking to give us something in the short term, I'm sure its on their mind for the medium to long term.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anyone know what rims are in that render pic? They would make a great second set of winter wheels. They look like a mazda 3 GT sport rim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts