Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 110km/hr the speed chime goes off which is rather annoying as that is the speed limit on a freeway drive from Brisbane to the Gold Coast. No matter what option I choose, it will not go away.

When pressing the info button on the steering wheel I note that one of the displays change to 110km/hr as I cyle through the different displays on the dash. This doesn't seem to be covered in the Australian manual.

Does anyone know how to remove this chime or set it for a higher speed?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is this different to the audio "your are exceeding the speed limit warning"?

If that's the warning you are talking about you can change it to visual only or disable it all together through the nav menu.

Have to say I haven't come across the older style preset speed warning yet in my car. I normally turn the gps based warnings on for double demerit long weekends :/

·
Registered
136 Posts
Strange that I haven't come across that yet. Definitely been higher than that speed.

I'll have a look next time I drive my car and see if any setting stands out incase someone doesn't know the answer in the meantime

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When pressing the info button on the steering wheel there are about 5 or so different displays that come up including average fuel consumption, estimated driving distance left etc. One of these displays comes up as 110km/hr and I can't seem to change this value.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do you have button to acitvate or deactivate speed limit control on your steering whell. I can choose whaterever speed I want from the buttons on steering wheel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can you take a photo of your steering wheel and describe how this works?

I have cruise control and the ability to accelerate via the cruise control from around 30km/hr
Down button is cruise control and upper button is speed limit control (LIM). Once you push it you activate it and by arrows you set speed alert. Second push deactivate it
(Sorry, no arrows but set+ -)

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have the limit button, instead the whole switch is for cruise control on and off. Even if I press it a couple of times, I can't get it to control the limit chime. The dash picture shows the display when I press info and it shows 110km/h. Any suggestions? It seems it has to be changed by the dealer

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just checked an Akari steering wheel which is the top of the line version in Australia and it doesn't have the limit button either. I have the S-Touring which is the 2nd top model.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spoke to my fiend at the dealer and he told me how this is changed in Australia. If you don't have the button Nik posted above.

First you must press the info button enough times to cycle through to the speed setting on the right side of your instrument panel. In my case, it was set at 110 km/h from factory.

Once it is displayed, press and hold the middle of the info buto for about 2 seconds. You can then press up or down to change the speed chime alert up to 250km/h. Then press and hold the middle of the info button to set the new speed!

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
The only thing I can cycle with the info button is average speed, average fuel economy, range, and current fuel economy. No setting speed limit or anything like that. Our cruise control button also has just on/off. Yet another regional difference I guess.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts