Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody upgraded their audio system speakers? I have the Bose system and would like to install better speakers. I checked with a reputable car audio installer and they didn't have any info on the CX-3 yet. He said he would have to do some testing to figure out crossover frequencies etc. He said Bose sometimes uses a proprietary system and you can't just replace the speakers.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not sure about the CX-3, but the other three Mazdas I've owned with Bose systems had 2-ohm speakers installed. Find a set of speakers with matching impedance and it should be okay. Most popular aftermarket speakers I've seen have 4-ohm impedance, so keep an eye on it. Changing impedance on the system can have negative effects on system performance and/or reliability. Oh, also, I don't know what the rated wattage is on the stock speakers are. You'll want to make sure you have equal or better power rating also. Just a guess, but I'd bet the power rating won't be hard to beat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had Infinity Kappa 60.11cs 6,5" (2 Ohm) on my previos car.
Very pleasant sound and doesn't need too much power (Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 93dB).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts