This is the gaze out of the window view;

This is Soul Red in the buff;

This is Soul Red back to nature;

Reactions: ohgeez

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, how long did it take you to rip apart the front end to get that deep into it? Looks like it took you about an hour or so.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Valid questions.

I had a plan of various projects I wanted to do so removing the bumper was part of a bigger scheme. It allowed me to remove the stock horn visible in the above picture and fit this pair of FIAMM twin tone horns that I bought off Amazon;

I also wanted to spray Tetroseal clear wax as we have a lot of salt on our UK roads;

.....and this is underneath;

I removed the rear wheel arch liners and treated the fuel filler as this is a common problem for it to corrode and is usually very expensive;

I also took the opportunity to fit front and rear mudflaps. I will copy the instructions and add some photos at some stage but while they were not the easiest ones I’ve ever fitted, the are the best fitting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 for the FIAMM twin tone horns. The stock horn is weak - too easily ignored when needed. Is it necessary to remove the front end to change the horn?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
There was a guy on the UK forum that managed to piggyback the wires and mount a horn down the inside of the radiator but trust me, that must have been a struggle. It is much easier with the bumper of and IF THE FORUM MANAGEMENT WOULD JUST PRESS ONE LITTLE BUTTON AND INCREASE THE UPLOAD SIZE I WOULD POST THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU.

SORRY, WAS I SHOUTING.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Never heard of Tetroseal clear wax before. Looked it up, it seems to be a UK product. Great idea on spraying those areas.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Never heard of Tetroseal clear wax before. Looked it up, it seems to be a UK product. Great idea on spraying those areas.
Maybe there is something similar?

·
Registered
63 Posts

Reactions: DanyC
1 - 16 of 16 Posts