Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home a 2017 Deep Crystal Blue GT with Parchment interior. I love the white seats with the dark exterior. I found out that G2 makes custom caliper paint in Mazda Soul Red (at an extra cost) which matches the red in the interior. Done. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Congrats! And excellent choice of car color :D

Since you have the 2017, could you take a picture of your active driving display? Apparently they've added some color to it I would just like to see how it looks.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Since you have the 2017, could you take a picture of your active driving display? Apparently they've added some color to it I would just like to see how it looks.
I heard the updated the Mazda3 with some color but didn't realize it made its way to the CX3 already. I'd also love to see a picture!

I intend to place red film over the mirror so it matches better than the green.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you brush the paint on or spray it on??? It looks great....good job.
Brush. I put on three coats although the can comes with enough paint for probably twice that. I just got tired/bored of painting and three is plenty. I wouldn't want to try to mask off everything you'd need to spray it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the reply....it turned out great. I wanna do mine asap since I put new black wheels one my cx-3.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It turned out great. Did you have to clean the caliper with anything before painting ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It turned out great. Did you have to clean the caliper with anything before painting ?
The G2 kit I used comes with a spray can of cleaner for the calipers but I literally painted mine the day after I brought the car home so there was no need to use the spray to clean them. If that wasn't the case they definitely recommend cleaning the calipers first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts