Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't log in with my laptop. I get that "IP address awaiting verification" screen so I click the link to resend the verification email type in my username and password but I don't get the email show up in my inbox.

When I do this with my phone using my data (not my wifi network) I get the email and can login properly after clicking the link in the email.

Anybody know why I don't get the email using my laptop on my home wifi network when it gives me the IP verification screen?

Tony

I understand all the security stuff and all but not being able to login just because my IP address somehow got changed by my ISP is a bit much. Don't have this issue on othe MBs I'm on.

Used my phone to post this total pita when I should use my laptop.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've looked in my settings but can't help. I think it's something the admin team would have to do but I've never had any luck contacting them either. Sorry for the problem it is causing you.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have no idea. What little I know about this sites security protocol is that they seem to be on the restrictive side but I have no visibility to any settings as a moderator.

If anyone else has had an issue, please chime in.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I have no idea. What little I know about this sites security protocol is that they seem to be on the restrictive side but I have no visibility to any settings as a moderator.

If anyone else has had an issue, please chime in.
Glad you’ve looked DJ, if you can’t fix it, I’ve got no chance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
...Anybody know why I don't get the email using my laptop on my home wifi network when it gives me the IP verification screen?..
I can't remember ever seeing an IP verification screen, however, if you're not getting forum auto-generated emails, check they are not being rejected by an anti-spam filter at your ISP and/or on your computer's email client.

The easiest way is usually to temporarily turn off the anti-spam measures on your mailbox (check with your ISP if they have enabled anti-spam and if so, how to disable it) and then request the email again.

You could also try adding the domain vsobr.com to any anti-spam whitelist at your ISP and/or on your computer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just signed on with the laptop. This time I noticed there was a different IP address from yesterday. The MB gave me that IP verification screen again but I just went into my email (Hotmail) and sure enough I got an email there to click on the link to accept the new IP address.

So I'm back on................I wonder for how long though.

Thanks for the tip above jt, if I have this issue again I'll give that a shot.

Tony

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This issue happened again. Tried to log in on May 30th and it was the same deal. Left it and tried again this morning and didn't work so I went back into my deleted emails and found the link to verify the IP address AGAIN (tried the same thing back on the 30th but that time it didn't work even after verifying it).

Such a PITA having to do this extra step coming here if I haven't been around for a period of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts