Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !
I just bought a solar panel 1.5 w to keeping my battery up to charge !
you can use clamp to fix it directly to the battery or use cigar lighter to connect it to the battery.

I am sure you all know those connector as well, the trouble in my mazda cx-3 2019 is when I connect the solar panel through the cigar connector my infotermaint system start by itself and radio start to play i can turn the screen to black and put the volume to mute but I worry that is draining the battery instead of charging it !
second trouble due to this connection I cannot use my key remote anymore to lock or unlock the door I had to lock them manualy and unlock them with the key inside the remote ,I didnt take chance and removed the solar panel to dont drain the battery out ! maybe I should use the clamp on the battery ? did someone do use it and had the same trouble and fixed it ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would never attempt to use the lighter port to charge the battery of the vehicle. Too many variables as far as wiring and computers... your computer is probably sensing voltage and thinking the car should be in ACC mode. Never tried a trickle charger/solar panel before but if I had to I'd say hook it up the same way you would hook a pair of jumper cables or a standard battery tender - positive battery terminal and ground to the chassis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would never attempt to use the lighter port to charge the battery of the vehicle. Too many variables as far as wiring and computers... your computer is probably sensing voltage and thinking the car should be in ACC mode. Never tried a trickle charger/solar panel before but if I had to I'd say hook it up the same way you would hook a pair of jumper cables or a standard battery tender - positive battery terminal and ground to the chassis.
I will try this way as soon as I can ! thanks for the advise !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts