Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Its all quiet on the western front.... I used to be part of many forums, I have some motorcycles and dirtbikes that i used the forums for alot of information. seems more people are using Facebook over the forums to share information

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its all quiet on the western front.... I used to be part of many forums, I have some motorcycles and dirtbikes that i used the forums for alot of information. seems more people are using Facebook over the forums to share information

Ahhh But I miss the forum old days :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually after over a month of very minimal activity, posts are now popping up with far more frequency. We used to be luck to get one or two new posts a day.....remember there are far far fewer CX3s out there compared to Honda, BMW, etc. Fewer owners, fewer posts.

As far as auto forums go, they are still highly active. Check out...a VW or Infiniti forum.

·
Registered
872 Posts
This site is somewhat quiet due to a couple factors. The CX-3 hasn't been out too long nor does it have a huge base of buyers. Also, its not a really a vehicle many people choose to modify.

I've moderated Mazda3 forums and GTI forums. Those have been out a long time, have a lot more drivers and those drivers likely to modify their vehicles or seek info. I could barely maintain those sites to to the rapid activity.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Twenty years ago, I owned a Nissan Hardbody pickup, and for a time, belonged to a Nissan Truck forum. Brutal. Talk about confrontational and arrogant. Most were braggarts and gave little to no advice for those seeking help in diagnosing a difficult problem. Many many stories but suffice to say that to these folks, a typical weekend activity was swapping in a new engine, or tearing apart and rebuilding the 4x4 transfer case. I don't think any of these people had a life apart from their trucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am encouraged at the marked increase in traffic on the site over the past week. This is still not a high-traffic site and probably won’t be, but I hope it continues.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
came to this forum to learn and share info.
i also belong to another forum (honda odyssey)and traffic is heavy even for
relatively newer models.
over there the information have helped in many ways.
hope this forum picks up a little.
mostly for maintenance and any issues.

thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
The information gained from most forums is invaluable. It's my main reason for being here and on other forums. FB is nice but not nearly as helpful as a true forum where help can be found by looking.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The information gained from most forums is invaluable. It's my main reason for being here and on other forums. FB is nice but not nearly as helpful as a true forum where help can be found by looking.
Basically this sums it up^
Also keep in mind that the current 'car trend' (mainly in the US) is for people to lease if not finance. Usually this is a nono situation for tinkering with the car or doing major work on it yourself since its not technically yours especially with regards to the lease. I suspect that within the upcoming years when people buy used cx-3s entirely or when loans have been repaid, i.e. full ownership is achieved, then the bulk of mods/repair stuff will most likely begin. Then again people also want newer cars every few years so thats working against this model too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Our CX3 belongs to my wife hence no major mods. She is in to practical etc. 10 more MPH or a new stereo are of little interest to her. She bought the GT with all the goodies and that is the way she wants it, LOL. I did buy a wind screen for her sunroof and monster mats for it but for the most part she likes it as is...

Perhaps Mazda did such a good job with the car not a lot is needed? Haha. Personally I like it too but would prefer it to be quieter in the cabin. My Nissan Frontier SL has a much bigger engine and is FAR quieter and smoother on the road. Maybe new tires will help if OEM ones ever wear out...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts