Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw a post a while back about someone saying that when the temperature went down below freezing that had a snowflake symbol show up on their dashboard. Did I imagine that? We went down below freezing yesterday here in Virginia Beach and I did not see a snowflake anywhere on my display...?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I thought I saw a post a while back about someone saying that when the temperature went down below freezing that had a snowflake symbol show up on their dashboard. Did I imagine that? We went down below freezing yesterday here in Virginia Beach and I did not see a snowflake anywhere on my display...?
Here's the post

http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/46673-post6.html

and I've never noticed it (from a frozen Canadian)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yes - a chime when less than 4C (or F equivalent) and a snow flake;

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we went down to 24 * F last night and I saw no such snowflake...have to grab the manual...

·
Registered
893 Posts
It was around 15 degrees F (about -10 C) and I didn't notice a snowflake. Maybe its another one of those differences between NA and EU models.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No flake to be found on this US GT.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Do the EU models have an audible tone when the snowflake illuminates? My BMW and VW did and it always startled me. I thought something was wrong with the car. The snowflake is cool (pun intended) but I'm fine with out it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do the EU models have an audible tone when the snowflake illuminates? My BMW and VW did and it always startled me. I thought something was wrong with the car. The snowflake is cool (pun intended) but I'm fine with out it.
Yes, it comes with a single bip and You can see an extended explanation of the warning under the application menu in the infotainement system.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Definitely got the snow flake, -28 °C.
Tailgate refused to fully lock. Had to drive 30 min to get the interior warmer, then it closed ok.
Engine sounded a bit rough during the whole 1,5 hour drive.
Clutch pedal felt really stiff and didn't revert normally, it was really slow coming up from the floor.
Transmission also made whining noise but not as bad as my bygone Subaru.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
What happens if one of you US guys swaps the units over to deg C? Do you then get the snowflake?

I will try it backwards but its not cold until next week!

·
Registered
303 Posts
What happens if one of you US guys swaps the units over to deg C? Do you then get the snowflake?

I will try it backwards but its not cold until next week!

In Canada = deg C.
I think it's another regional difference.
It appears not on North American models

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm more amazed that JPA left the house at -28 °C. Should replace the snowflake with a Yeti when it get's below 20 or something. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I looked at this feature Santa described up above. When you get the snowflake warning here

Then go over to the warnings app on the display you get an overview

Then if you select the overview you get more detail

·
Registered
256 Posts
I looked at this feature Santa described up above. When you get the snowflake warning here

Then go over to the warnings app on the display you get an overview

Then if you select the overview you get more detail

The feature is ok, but I would love for it be displayed automatically in the instrument cluster, like most cars do. My previous car, a Fiat Bravo, wrote "Possible ice on road" four times as a warning as well as showing the snowflake.
Or there should be a quick button to open up the warning guide.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The snowflake and the chime is good enough for me. I know what it's getting at!

You could leave the app open.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts