Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back today after having it detailed and ceramic coated.

Very impressed with the results. I’ll take better pictures tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow, love those pedals! Got a link?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice! paint looks good, and so do the pedals!! My brother is on vacation in south Africa this week. He is in Kruger national park for a safari and then off to Cape town for a week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice! paint looks good, and so do the pedals!! My brother is on vacation in south Africa this week. He is in Kruger national park for a safari and then off to Cape town for a week.
Hope your brother had a good time here, I think we were having some pretty crappy weather at the time though. But being out in the african bush in crappy weather is still pretty awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a set of all weather mats. They fit nicely and I think they will be alot more hard wearing (I work in a machine shop so no matter how hard I try I always end up with shavings in my shoes soles).

Ill take some pics this coming weekend and post them up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plastidipped my badges black this weekend. Really like the way it looks.
Also took a pic of the all weather mats (well one of the mats)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Since some scum decided my mirrors needed relocation, I had access to the mirror caps without having to worry about breaking the glass (silver lining story?). I plastidipped them black.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I plastidipped my badges black this weekend. Really like the way it looks.
Also took a pic of the all weather mats (well one of the mats)
Please excuse if my english isn't perfect because i'm from germany...

Looks awesome!

Did you remove the front-badge to dip it? Perhaps you have some pictures how you made it?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please excuse if my english isn't perfect because i'm from germany...

Looks awesome!

Did you remove the front-badge to dip it? Perhaps you have some pictures how you made it?

Thanks in advance!

Michael
Yes I did remove the front badge but I didn't do it properly and broke two of the clips and I also slightly damaged the edges of the badge.

I wouldn't suggest doing it the way I did it, perhaps someone else has a better way of taking the badge off.

As far as the process of applying the plastidip, all I did was clean the badges well and then I applied 4/5 thin coats of plastidip every 20 minutes and then left it for a couple hours to dry nicely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice pedals.
how was the installation ?

thanks
Installation was fairly straight forward. I think the most difficult part was marking and cutting the carpet to fix the foot rest.

The pedals did come with a good set of instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installation was fairly straight forward. I think the most difficult part was marking and cutting the carpet to fix the foot rest.

The pedals did come with a good set of instructions.
Hi,
May I ask if the instructions show how to remove the Excelerator / Gas pedal?
My wife is quite short and I need to make her another set of pedal extensions. I’ve had to do it on all her cars.
She did almost cry when someone came to look at her 08 MX-5. The 2019 CX-3 is replacing the MX-5.

Thanks,
AZ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,
May I ask if the instructions show how to remove the Excelerator / Gas pedal?
My wife is quite short and I need to make her another set of pedal extensions. I’ve had to do it on all her cars.
She did almost cry when someone came to look at her 08 MX-5. The 2019 CX-3 is replacing the MX-5.

Thanks,
AZ
Hey

Nope, there was no need to remove the pedal to fit the new pedals so it wasn't shown in the instructions.

Hopefully someone else from the forum can point you in the right direction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts