1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't think they are really flipping the bird at electric-heads. They will probably offer electric cars when it makes sense to do so. Car makers that are going headlong into this like a pack of lemmings (like the two "V' s - Volvo and Volkswagen) will find that there really isn't enough infrastructure to support it and probably will not be for some appreciable time. So I applaud Mazda's steady slow entry into this segment. But why would they rush into anyway? They have the skyactiveX coming which will be about as economical to run on gasoline as the electric car will end up pulling off the grid. I have spotted exactly one charging station in all of rural Southern Ontario in Canada (where I live) that I have visited. Not exactly a headlong rush.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mazda has licensed Toyota’s hybrid technology, so it isn’t a stretch to assume they will offer conventional hybrid vehicles in the future. Still, the X tech is interesting...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the charging stations are a thing. I don't even know where there is one in Alberta.
I , too, am glad Mazda is still progressing with the combustibles and the Sky X will be neat to see when it does roll out.

I also just found the video really interesting as, when you just stop to think about it, the precision, timing, and mathematics that goes into a modern engine is pretty amazing.
Most of us get in, turn it on, and go about the day not even thinking about decades of tweaks and improvements.

That being said, there are times that I do miss being able to wing it and fix the engine myself (had a 1976 Pontiac Firebird at one point).
Canadian Tire + Haynes Repair Manual + find part + grab beer + realize its the wrong part + Canadian Tire again + spend hours fixing/tinkering + busted knuckles + didn't screw up = bragging rights to your buddies, oh yeah! :)

Nowadays? I got freaked out hardwiring a bloody dashcam on the CX lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts