Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

Is there any reason why on the Sport Nav FW (GT model) in europe the Skyactive G engine is set at 120BHP while the non E.U version is set at 148BHP?

The strange thing is if you get the AWD version in Europe you will then get the 148Bhp version.

Thanks,
Ganni

p.s. sorry if this was already posted.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Emissions and the ongoing battle to compete over fuel consumption.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emissions and the ongoing battle to compete over fuel consumption.
Thanks for the fast response, so basically it is the same engine with some sort of ECU/map with a less powerful curve...

Can this be fixed with a re map? :D

Thanks,
Ganni

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I would say, almost certainly.

·
Registered
226 Posts
One tuning firm in the UK says that is has discovered that all versions of the 2.0 Skyactiv-G engine are mechanically identical, whatever the indicated stock output. They offer an ECU chip upgrade that can boost the 120bhp figure up to 170bhp with torque increased to 163lb ft.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One tuning firm in the UK says that is has discovered that all versions of the 2.0 Skyactiv-G engine are mechanically identical, whatever the indicated stock output. They offer an ECU chip upgrade that can boost the 120bhp figure up to 170bhp with torque increased to 163lb ft.
That is awesome! do you recall the name of this company?

Cheers.

Ganni

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sounds to me like a shortcut to having your warranty voided.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im checking this out. The BBR seems like a traditional company thats knows what its doing.

So far i dont know about engine warranty, but heard toyota have accepted certain types of "chips". So its not impossible.

Anyway i think theres a good possibility to get 170hk in the stock 2,0 skyactive 120hk. Its the same engine as in cx-5, mx-5 and mazda 3.

This is just a stage 1- tuning, with only the chip. I would avoid going any further whith a different excaust, air intake and so on. Remember its a high-tech engine that probably dont like someone fiddling about.

And of course i would avoid any chips from ebay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It has enough horsepower for what I need. It does seem to be an obsession with some people, same as the number of cup holders >:)
My problem is that the stock engine is tuned down about 30-40hk, due to importtaxthing.

Which of course is annoying. However im satisfied with the 120hk, but would be more satisfied with 170hk :D

And the cx-3 has two cupholders, thats two more than the Lexus LFA :)

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
My problem is that the stock engine is tuned down about 30-40hk, due to importtaxthing.

Which of course is annoying. However im satisfied with the 120hk, but would be more satisfied with 170hk :D

And the cx-3 has two cupholders, thats two more than the Lexus LFA :)
My CX-3 has 4... Two under the arm rest and one each in the front doors.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Technically they are bottleholders, and theres one in each door, so its 4 ;)
You know what? I didn't even sit in the back seat during the test drive. I might have to check it out. :D

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts