Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several outlets speculating the 2018 Mazda3 is getting the new Skyactiv 2 HCCI engine. What is the likelihood this makes its way into next year's CX-3?

Also, the 2017 CX-3 was released in July 2016. Will Mazda follow the same release schedule for 2018 models?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The CX-3 is very young and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't follow Mazda's evolution in powertrains.

·
Registered
451 Posts
There are several outlets speculating the 2018 Mazda3 is getting the new Skyactiv 2 HCCI engine. What is the likelihood this makes its way into next year's CX-3?

Also, the 2017 CX-3 was released in July 2016. Will Mazda follow the same release schedule for 2018 models?
Careful what you wish for! That HCCI engine is not even yet ready for public consumption. I would really be a bit nervous about reliability issues for the first few years of production on that little gem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, you never want to be the guinea pig especially if it involves high compression. If I had to buy today, I'd have no problem with a 2017 CX-3 Touring. But it seems there's a lot of newness ahead. Assuming Mazda releases their 2018s in July, there could be Skyactiv 2 or maybe they finally decide to offer the CX-3 with a 6MT in the US. I've never owned an AT in 20 years of driving so this has been a point of contemplation for me. By that time the C-HR will also be available, which I really like, but the US is only getting the CVT.

With 2018 being the third model year of the CX-3, would it be in line for a mid-cycle refresh?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I know many people are loving that Mazda keeps trying to create and invent new engines and such things, but I personally am annoyed they're wasting time and resources on something that will more than likely NOT become mainstream and appeal to a niche audience, rather than try to refine their godawful infotainment system that is 4 years behind every other car manufacturer. It also wouldn't hurt to spend that time and resource to refine their driving aid tech, like their half-assed adaptive cruise control. Or how about make your current engines more powerful, and give us more options?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts