Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most annoying thing about this car for me is that the armrest gets in the way of the cup holders and can make it awkward to use the infotainment controls. I thought about sawing the armrest down to a third of it's size to make a 'shortie' armrest, but I didn't want to make a permanent change like that. After looking at the design, I realized I could convert the armrest into an "elbowrest" by just removing the pivot bolt and turning the rest 180 degrees. This allows full access to the cup holders and controls and a place to rest your elbow without making permanent modifications. 5 minutes to change.

1. pop off plastic end caps with flat head screwdriver.
2. use 10mm socket on drivers side to remove bolt, may need to tap out.
3. use blue painters tape to hold plastic washers in place.
4. flip armrest around, reinsert bolt and gently tighten, replace end caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
You, sir Badmoforacing, are a god and my hero! I just went up and used your instructions to make this modification to my new CX-3, and it went exactly as you described. Thank you so much, this is an excellent improvement :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You know you can take it off altogether and put a trinket/accessory tray there? I think Mainemanx might have a photo.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You know you can take it off altogether and put a trinket/accessory tray there? I think Mainemanx might have a photo.
The trinket tray liberates arms and elbows, compliments of the Anchorman, Himself! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need an elbow rest and trinket tray! :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I need an elbow rest and trinket tray! :)
First rule of economics, there are no needs, only choices ... 'though Jagger may have been more erudite, "You can't always get ..."

e.g., I lust for these installed in my CX-3:

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
First rule of economics, there are no needs, only choices ... 'though Jagger may have been more erudite, "You can't always get ..."

e.g., I lust for these installed in my CX-3:
How did I NOT see this photo in my Forum travels?!! those are things of beauty! Especially the thigh/hamstrings (is that what you call it? lol) adjustments a la BMW style!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Word of caution, when you remove the plastic arm rest there is a steel frame that also needs to be removed and to do that you need to partially remove the centre console in order to get to the bolts that hold it to the floor.

where did you order this tray?
My Canadian 2016 did not come with a centre arm rest, it's optional and I bought the car used. I like an arm rest so I bought one from the dealer and installed it myself. The trinket tray is now sitting on a shelf collecting dust. You can probably get one through your dealer. I'd offer to send you mine but shipping costs from Canada are ridiculous and would probably cost more than going to your dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts