Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ceramic GT CX3 is transforming into a two-toned color combination of black and ceramic. I am considering removing the silver rails installed on the lower closing below the doors. I was looking at a Touring model which does not have the rails and the look is very clean. Has anyone removed these items? Is there adhesive only? Any tabs or holes in the cladding after rail removal? Thanks in advance for all replies.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I agree that too much bling can look messy but I can live with those strips. I would imagine they are stuck on but I'll try and find out next week for sure. On the top model here, the grille is given bright work and the LED fog light surrounds. For that reason, I will add the front and rear skid plates at some stage which are finished in the same matt silver.

Mazda CX-3 accessories

Mazda CX-3 accessories

It sounds counter productive to what you want to do but I think if the silver runs round the car, it will look a bit less disjointed if that makes sense?

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
327 Posts
Rather than removing them, you should consider spraying them with black matte plasti-dip or vinyl wrap.
Maybe a carbon fiber vinyl to compliment the interior trim bits that also have the carbon fiber look?

Reactions: Kalibr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts