Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am trying to decide whether I should buy a 2016 CX 3 now or wait until the new 2017s roll out, just in case there are some good improvements.

I currently drive a 2009 Impreza Outback Sport with 96,000 miles on it. I will need to change the timing belt soon. It has been a VERY reliable car and did great in the brutal winters of the Adirondack mountains of NY but I've moved to Southeast MI so I no longer need superior, deep snow, mountain climbing traction.

I want a great looking, fun to drive car. That's why I am seriously considering the CX 3 Grand Touring AWD. The MRSP is priced at $27,715. The dealer will sell it for $26,420. The out the door price is $28,276. It appears to be a very good deal, right?

Any opinions on whether I should take the deal or wait?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
The trouble with waiting for the 2017 model is that it is only a matter of time until the 2018 model comes!

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: DebbieinNorCal

·
Registered
872 Posts
When I get the new car itch I cannot wait! No specs on the 17s yet but it's far off and doubtful there will be significant changes as the 16s are fresh. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn't wait. The car was brand new for 2016, so it's not likely to see many changes for 2017. Grab it now and enjoy it!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I imagine the improvements will be mostly electronic upgrades that will eliminate most of the bugs of the present control unit. They may also try and eliminate some of the disparity in the various markets in which the CX3 is sold. If so, in Canada we might get some of the tech that the Euro cars have now. It would certainly improve gas consumption figures a bit. Just a guess...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts