Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here but have been lurking for quite a while. I would really appreciate your feedback! I'm not sure what the smart thing is to do regarding price/interest rate and whether or not to keep my car for a while and wait.

I've been eyeing the CX 3 to replace my Toyota Rav4 and have mixed feelings about trading in my car since I love it. But it's a 2004 and has 178,000 miles on it. I'll be needing to throw in another $400 soon for brakes and miscellaneous things, as well as new tires in the near future. If I wait my trade-in value goes down as well.

I just test drove a CX 3 and really enjoyed it. It was a red GT. It was smaller than I expected, especially the cargo area. But it's just me, so I think I would be fine.

The dealer quoted me a price but not sure if the MSRP is negotiable - the price they quoted was the True Car value. They also added in an administration fee of $600, which I was told was non-negotiable. I was also told that new models do not get a lower interest rate -- I was expecting somewhere around 1.9% for a new car vs. a higher rate for a used car. Is this normal? I think I should check out other dealers, but not sure I want to sit through the negotiation for another few hours.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate any thoughts you can provide! Also, just realized I posted this to new introductions. Not sure where to post and how to do that, sorry!

·
Registered
277 Posts
600 buck admin fee is simple price gouging, but more dishonest than a 600 dollar adm add on sticker. Tell them as much and move on. You do not want to have a relationship with this dealer.
Do not buy out of desperation. There is always another car and another dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've never heard of an admin fee. I'd look somewhere else.

I was happy to hear that they will accept the $500 Mazda loyalty discount since we will be trading in our Mazda 5.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedback! I am taking your advice. I did call another dealer and they have a $500 delivery fee. On top of the $880 delivery fee (they say this is to get it to the states). They did say they might discount the MSRP. I'll shop around. May opt for a broker, not sure.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Having my doubts about car now, now that I have seen it not sure,looks a little cheap, perhaps to small, we are doing test drive tomorrow will see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you located
I'm located in Denver. There's only one dealer that has the CX 3 in. The other dealer said it would be another 2 weeks. The 3rd dealer said they would call when they arrive, I haven't heard from them and don't know their pricing yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow ! I don't know what are admin fees honnestly, it looks like a way to increase the cost without having to show it.
Your dealer seems to know he is the only one with a CX-3 and it probably trying to get benefits of it.

I would not encourage this and would wait for another dealer to get one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So there are 4 dealers here in Denver and all 4 charge fees (whether they call it admin, delivery, dealer handling) - between $500 and $600. It must be a Colorado thing. There is no getting around it apparently.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Or they just called each other to set this fee.
I would call MazdaUSA and see if they are allowed to charge these fees and why this is only applied to CX-3.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not just the CX 3. It's any car. And yes in Colorado they are allowed to charge this fee.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts