Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings again,

I was wondering if anyone knew or had a guide on how to remove the automatic shifter plate. Specifically the glossy portion with the lettering PRNDM+etc.

Long story short I started buying random ebay carbon fiber interior trim pieces and surprisingly enough they look amazing considering expectations were low except for the shifter plate cover. For somereason they have a raised(well lowered really) notch on the lettering piece making it completely unusable. Other than macgyver-ing the piece to fit I was looking into how the plastic letting trim piece could be removed and adjusted to work with the trim piece. Ideally if it the lettering panel has a removable plate component which then could be applied onto the trim, it would be perfect. But that is just wishful thinking and a work in progress until I get more information on this part :/

Worst case scenario Ill probably take a dremel onto the carbon fiber trim piece around the lettering if the oem shifter plate lettering piece is too large without a removable faceplate. For those who dont know what I am talking about, this shows more:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Style-ABS-Shift-Gear-Panel-Cover-For-MAZDA-CX-3-2015-2018/142743985037?hash=item213c345b8d:g:uJcAAOSwvshaw1D5&vxp=mtr

You can see even in the pictures that the lettering area is recessed even on the back side which makes no sense since every US model has a uniformed level shifter plate surface with no recessed areas.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You basically get hold of it and pull it......

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts