Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could post a link to the Tweet too. He's not had a reply at time of writing

By the way, any reason I can't upload pictures from iPad anymore?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Yah, the armrest we get in the US is a piece of crap. Mine is coming out this weekend. Maybe that guy would want to buy it from me...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yah, the armrest we get in the US is a piece of crap. Mine is coming out this weekend. Maybe that guy would want to buy it from me...
Whatareyougonna' replace it with?

P.S. In removing the armrest you don't need to precisely follow the official procedure ... a 3/8s extension with a 3/8s universal on your 12mm socket and you can snake out the front bolt of the bracket/tower without removing the cupholder and the gear selector bezel. Soothing music helps ... I had on Henri Salvador and Lisa Ono :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I can assume it didn't magically break. It can be tempting to rest your elbow on it when getting into the vehicle and add a lot of weight to it. You can tell by looking at it that it can't take too much pressure.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Whatareyougonna' replace it with?

P.S. In removing the armrest you don't need to precisely follow the official procedure ... a 3/8s extension with a 3/8s universal on your 12mm socket and you can snake out the front bolt of the bracket/tower without removing the cupholder and the gear selector bezel. Soothing music helps ... I had on Henri Salvador and Lisa Ono :)
The little tray that would normally go there. I'd post a link but I don't want any more of my posts to end up in moderation purgatory. Just google "D09W-64-470-02".

I've been driving around for the last couple of weeks with the armrest up to see if I'd miss it.
I don't.

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably have Ruelle playing (unless I forget to switch from the audiobook version of Skin Game by Jim Butcher, in which case, I'll be listening to that).

Reactions: Sarah and mainemanx

·
Registered
893 Posts
My armrest is usually up too, I don't miss it at all. I've just been too lazy to remove it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Am I the only one who actually uses the armrest and likes it? It is so easy to rest the left arm (Great Britain and Australia, etc) or right arm (the rest of the world) when you want to use the controller knob, and then to swing it up out of the way when you don't need it. I also like the handy little compartment which I use for storing my license and insurance cards rather than a phone since I don't now own and never will own a "smart" phone - and if I did have one it would stay in my pocket and be turned off as soon as the car starts.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
... since I don't now own and never will own a "smart" phone - and if I did have one it would stay in my pocket and be turned off as soon as the car starts.
Luddite. :D

My phone is invaluable for escaping the awfulness that is US commercial radio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Am I the only one who actually uses the armrest and likes it?
I'm with you, Geezer. While I may not be a fan of the design (I like the Euro version better, with the extra cubbies and whatnot) I definitely prefer having an armrest there to rest my arm on. Every time I lift the armrest because of a drink that's too tall to fit under it I end up absentmindedly trying to lean on something that's not there and it drives me bonkers. I get that it's a personal preference, but I definitely prefer to have one. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Would anyone like to post directions on how to remove the arm of the armrest... leaving the bottom part with the circular drink holders behind?

If it's already been posted, can you point me to the post?

The armrest must go...I'm too used to not having one. I keep this one flipped up all the time, and it still feels intrusive. It also makes it impossible to reach my little garbage container that hangs on the back of the passenger seat, or to dump my bag in the back seat easily when it sets off the YOUR BACKPACK NEEDS TO WEAR A SEAT BELT alarm.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Guess I'm spoiled but having had an armrest in my cars for the past 30 or so years, I am too used to having one. It's a requirement in any car for me, even if I have to pay extra to add one (such as my Nissan SE-R), or upgrade the piss-poor one that's there (like my Nissan SE truck). Even when I rent a car, it has to have an armrest. That being stated, I was not too thrilled with the one that came with my CX-3. During the initial test drive, my first impression was that it flexed way too much and was a prime candidate to bend over time, or even break under the constant stress of leaning on it (which cannot be helped). In fact, I recalled asking one of the sales staff if the stock one could be upgraded. In one test drive, I leaned on the armrest pretty hard, and told the dealer rep that it did not feel as secure as one which was mounted atop a storage compartment like most cars. I asked the selling dealer about the storage armrest (p/n DB2WV0630) offered in the UK and everywhere else besides the U.S. I like this replacement one which does look of a sturdier design and construction. Naturally the Mazda dealer here said it (the storage armrest) does not exist in their database. Figures. I will likely investigate and email the company if this could be shipped to the U.S. I'd gladly pay so long as it's not outrageous. In the meantime, I channeled my inner MacGyver and came up with a modified aluminum travel mug which, when placed in the forward cupholder, perfectly contacts the fully-closed armrest to nicely support it in the proper position. I'll post a couple of pictures if I get time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts