Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While merrily driving along, my SatNav suddenly said: "SD CARD INVALID". Luckily, I knew my way home. The garage told me it was a known problem with the 2016 card, and they would get another for me in a couple of days. This is over a month ago. The garage then said I had to send numerous items [dumps, logs, proof of purchase, and on and on and on] to Mazda Handsfree Support. This I did [and, being elderly, it took me some time]. Handsfree have just got back to me with a lengthy explanation of how download Toolbox update the maps. Sigh!
I have responded with:
THIS IS NOT ABOUT UPDATING MAPS. IT’S ABOUT MY CX-3 SUDDENLY NO LONGER RECOGNISING THE SD CARD WHICH HAS BEEN WORKING FINE SINCE THE CAR WAS BOUGHT NEW IN 2016. MORE THAN A MONTH AGO – OUT OF THE BLUE – I GOT THE MESSAGE: “SD CARD INVALID”.

I ALREADY HAD TOOLBOX DOWNLOADED TO MY PC. I ALREADY HAD A LOGIN & A P/W THAT GAINED ME ACCESS.
TOOLBOX RECOGNISES MY SD CARD. THE CX-3 DOES NOT.

I NEED TO KNOW WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED, AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. I NEED MY SAT NAV BACK AS A MATTER OF URGENCY. PLEASE COULD YOU ESCALATE THIS? PLEASE COULD YOU PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN FIX IT?

Am I missing something? The SatNav was installed in the car when I bought it new. I assumed, like the handbrake and the steering wheel, it would be there as long as the car was extant. Is this not the case?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Perhaps this post should be moved to the Tech Section (electronics)? Anyway this is a new problem that I have not heard of but alarming... Please keep us updated as to a resolution? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts