Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Screen getting cloudy?

14K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Zechariah936 
#1 ·
Pretty sure this ain't right:

Looks as though clouds are appearing on my screen. Can only see it on black background.
No sign of it on navigation screen.

See less See more
#4 ·
I just bought a 2019 CX5. My screen has exactly the same cloudiness pattern in the screen as yours. I mean exactly. Its got to be a manufacturing flaw and still ocurring since my cx5 was built 12/18. Surprised no one else has commented here in this forum. Its got to be a problem on many of the screens. Can we expect it to get worse w time? Thats one of my concerns. Did you talk to dealer about replacing under warranty?

#13 ·
The cloudiness comes and goes. If it was supposed to be there than it would always be there. Here is my screen on the same day at different times! View attachment 23924
View attachment 23923
Dont panic, I'm 100% sure it is part of the theme. Mine also does that, whether you have album art or not, or in the radio. If you change the background (with a hack - which I did do a while ago) you can put a plain black background. Or an animated one where the smoke moves. Don't ask me why Mazda Global decided on this theme (background and button colours), but they did. It would have been niffty of they made it change with the weather via the GPS data.

EDIT: Same back ground in the CX5 too, just checked my mates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.